Style
    Taekwondo

Donald Moore -- Anyone Know About This Guy?

This is awesome...this guy is being awarded with a fucking STACK of 9th and 10th dan certificates:

https://www.facebook.com/ktear.agama...6249991901689/

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Holy ****! 9th Dan in "Martial Art Hapkido" and 10th Dan TKD! Did I hear that?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Holy ****! 9th Dan in "Martial Art Hapkido" and 10th Dan TKD! Did I hear that?
    This is the same guy, right? https://www.yelp.com/biz/america-ins...ial-arts-elgin

This info is probably a little older than what's in the FB video, but...yeah founder and grandmaster..check...combat hapkido...check...chronic HoFer...check...7th Degree Black Sash in Muay Thai Kickboxing...WTF...9th Duan Black Sash Synergy Tai Chi Qigong...WTF again.

Grandmaster Donald Moore has had nearly 40 years of Martial Arts experience. He is the founder and grandmaster of Synergy Tae Kwon Do, Yeon Oh Kwan, and Synergy Tai Chi Qigong. He has had extensive achievements in the industry and very passionate about his business. He believes in providing students with the proper knowledge to protect themselves with self-defense techniques.

In 1995 he was inducted into the World Martial Arts Hall of Fame for Instructor of the Year. In 1996 he was Inducted into the International Martial Arts Hall of Fame for Master of the Year.

Vice President of the "International Combat Hapkido Federation" (ICHF)
    9th Duan Black Sash Synergy Tai Chi Qigong (WMAA)
    8th Degree Black Belt - Tae Kwon Do (ITA)
    7th Degree Black Sash in Muay Thai Kickboxing
    7th Degree Black Belt Tornado Kenpo Karate (TKKA)
    7th Degree Black Belt - Combat Hapkido (ICHF)
    5th Degree Black Belt-World Ki-Do Federation/Korea Ki-Do Association
    I'm no choke defense expert, being merely trained in some Judo, BJJ, and a few kung fu methods, but this 3-part video series on defending against a choke contain very little practical application.

The wall says they train Hapkido, TKD, and Jiujitsu...be interesting to find out exactly what kind of Jiujitsu...

Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/12/2018 9:43pm at .

Style
    Mixed
    Seriously WTF is he teaching here...because I don't see any JJ/BJJ belts in his lists (I did find in an offline, archived page that he has a belts in ninjutsu though, which did not surprise me). http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...trip=1&vwsrc=0

He sure seems to be teaching something he might not have credentials for...but you tell me. Is this an example of "I've got so many dan, I can teach anything I want!"?

Style
    Taekwondo
    I just couldn't believe that someone would, with a straight face, stand there in his karate pajamas and accept an actual stack (there's like almost 10 of them, I think) of 9th and 10th dan certificates, one after another and in such a multitude of martial arts, like that.

He might as well be saying "**** you, it's my party and I'll 10th dan if I want to..."

And then, halfway through, the presenter seems to have a brief flash of sanity when he seems to realize what total and obvious (independent balh, blah, blah) bullshit it is...

And THEN he tries to justify it by saying that the promotions aren't really for the benefit of the instructor, but are actually for the benefit of the students...

And then Grand Poo Bah of the Flying Water Bullshitters goes into his tear-choked little speach evoking all the instructors in the pictures in the back of his school...

Ugh. Wish I could get the damned video to imbed properly...

I guess I'd just never seen it done quite that way before.

Style
    Kendo
    When 10th dan of TKD is like an award given to those who did a lot in the development and spread of TKD...
    And martial art hapkido... so there's a hapkido thats not a martial art. LoL.