Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last
  1. #51
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Everyone wants better hiring and more self control which comes from training. But no one wants to pay for it. When budgets are being passed, Police and corrections are usually on the top of the chopping block. But everyone expects better services without funding them.

    When do people have negative interactions? Usually when they are somewhere or doing something they shouldn't be. But then they will be the most vocal about their negative interactions. No one goes on the news to thank the police for changing their tire in the rain. Pulling them out of their car when it's on fire or putting out that fire. No one thanks them for helping out kids or homeless people. But if a cop makes a mistake better believe everyone is going to publicize it. So people will trust cops more if they only have positive interactions?
    I fully agree funding is a problem everyone wants results, but no one wants to pay the bill.


    I only agree half on the second part. Yes those on the receiving end of the enforcement part will be vocal no matter what. But there are some cops who are just dicks on a regular basis without any technical reason for it. Things like oh I dunno siding with racists at rallies in California(just hit the news). The problem with trust is it is earned much, much slower than it is lost.

    Here's a few pointers and again I'm not trying to be an ass about it:
    1) if you grenade a child's head apart over a $800 drug fine, maybe I dunno have the department pay for the fucking medical bills instead of denying guilt while covering asses and stalling the courts to avoid paying restitution.

    2) if you shoot a black guy who's crying "please don't shoot me" while lying on the ground, maybe I dunno don't fucking defend that particular cop.

    3) if you play tazer tag with someone's balls just because you're having a bad day, maybe I dunno fucking fire that guy instead of making excuses.

    Look this **** is just common sense and these problems can be fixed.

  2. #52
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I wouldn't call your claim of 7,000 people illegally detained valid, without evidence. See how you connect dots willy nilly? You don't know what the **** they do there, but you took the # of people and spook stories and came up with "illegal black site".



    Where's the data for this? Your anecdote isn't data.
    No one knows what they do there and that's kind of the problem. The 7,000 was an estimate by the people investigating it was in a couple of the news articles about that site. If you're going to state it's not true then how's about some counter evidence?? A very large group of witnesses says otherwise.


    I'll concede your second point as our local PD has changed for the better so I'm not going to drag that mud back up by posting it.

  3. #53
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,811
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    It is that second article which got me going oh **** ... the toy gun thing came out of that.
    Don't know about articles, I listened to a report on CBC while driving back from Judo practice earlier this week.

    Several cops have pled guilty and are testifying, a couple are in middle of jury trials.

    LOL at toy guns, how about armed robbery and worse...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #54
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,292
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Things like oh I dunno siding with racists at rallies in California(just hit the news). The problem with trust is it is earned much, much slower than it is lost.

    Here's a few pointers and again I'm not trying to be an ass about it:
    1) if you grenade a child's head apart over a $800 drug fine, maybe I dunno have the department pay for the fucking medical bills instead of denying guilt while covering asses and stalling the courts to avoid paying restitution.

    2) if you shoot a black guy who's crying "please don't shoot me" while lying on the ground, maybe I dunno don't fucking defend that particular cop.

    3) if you play tazer tag with someone's balls just because you're having a bad day, maybe I dunno fucking fire that guy instead of making excuses.

    Look this **** is just common sense and these problems can be fixed.
    Be an ass all you want. I've never argued otherwise about any of those things. And that's another issue I have. The fact that Cops have to defend themselves against a bunch of **** that they never had anything to do with. Or feeling obligated to do so. I don't.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  5. #55
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Videodrome
    Posts
    12,864
    Style
    Mixed
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    No one knows what they do there and that's kind of the problem. The 7,000 was an estimate by the people investigating it was in a couple of the news articles about that site. If you're going to state it's not true then how's about some counter evidence?? A very large group of witnesses says otherwise.
    There are also PizzaGate" witnesses".

    Why aren't there people protesting outside right now, if it was such a big story?

    I don't have to provide evidence, it's your claim. I just point out how little you're working with. Which since 2015 appears to be nothing but hearsay and legal opinions. You can probably find people saying this **** about most prisons in the US, especially in the current anti-cop atmosphere.

    Spooky stories are not evidence of anything.

  6. #56
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Be an ass all you want. I've never argued otherwise about any of those things. And that's another issue I have. The fact that Cops have to defend themselves against a bunch of **** that they never had anything to do with. Or feeling obligated to do so. I don't.
    I think maybe you take my posts the wrong way. It's like the other thread, I tend to be overly critical even of things I support. I wouldn't ever ask anyone to defend themselves against stuff they didn't do.

  7. #57
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,064
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    There are also PizzaGate" witnesses".

    Why aren't there people protesting outside right now, if it was such a big story?

    I don't have to provide evidence, it's your claim. I just point out how little you're working with. Which since 2015 appears to be nothing but hearsay and legal opinions. You can probably find people saying this **** about most prisons in the US, especially in the current anti-cop atmosphere.

    Spooky stories are not evidence of anything.
    Not trying to say you're wrong here, but evidence can be hard to get when it's against the very people responsible for said evidence. Comparing this to pizzagate is a 1bad tactic.

  8. #58
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,292
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I think maybe you take my posts the wrong way. It's like the other thread, I tend to be overly critical even of things I support. I wouldn't ever ask anyone to defend themselves against stuff they didn't do.
    I appreciate that. I just wanted to weigh in on some stuff. But honestly most LEOs I know don't post on any forums or social media at all just for those reasons. I typically don't and when I was writing some of the stuff above I almost just deleted everything a few times but posted anyway. And then I almost went in and deleted everything after I did. :D

    I usually stay out of any LEO threads. Me and a few other guys on here in the past were trolled relentlessly a few years ago just for being LEO and general anti cop sentiments.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  9. #59
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,742
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    I appreciate that. I just wanted to weigh in on some stuff. But honestly most LEOs I know don't post on any forums or social media at all just for those reasons. I typically don't and when I was writing some of the stuff above I almost just deleted everything a few times but posted anyway. And then I almost went in and deleted everything after I did. :D

    I usually stay out of any LEO threads. Me and a few other guys on here in the past were trolled relentlessly a few years ago just for being LEO and general anti cop sentiments.
    Man it is sooo easy to get caught up in that mindset. When people feel powerless or taken advantage of they are easier to manipulate. The problems with the US LEOs is being boosted by more than a few groups with bad intentions. For two main reasons first is to sow distrust with authority while the exposure to these events power the what aboutisms and of course to reinforce that sense of being taken advantage of to create the need for a target/scapegoat for those feelings.

    These coordinated media operations stack and dovetail to create one hell of a marketing campaign with the end result being added value to the Russia Brand and value removed from the United States.

    This is not to say our various Law Enforcement Agencies couldn't use some work especially city and county PD's ... but this post is an attempt to put some reason behind the madness we have all seen.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  10. #60
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Videodrome
    Posts
    12,864
    Style
    Mixed
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Not trying to say you're wrong here, but evidence can be hard to get when it's against the very people responsible for said evidence. Comparing this to pizzagate is a 1bad tactic.
    It's not that hard to come by. Youtube is full of it. It's not a 1bad tactic.

    Here's what 1bad would say:

    "Chicago is a fortress of Democratic cabals that began with money hush from Marxists and George Soros (billionaire traitor Nazi lover liberal) that ended when the God Emperor Trump ripped Obama and his Deep State cronies from office. It's all there clear as crystal, Obama and his Muslim Brotherhood handlers created multiple secret torture facilities in Islam-lover Liberal Chicago, where they have more guns and violence than literally anywhere especially Texas because Muslims, and want to ultimately deploy Sharia law over the entire Midwest because Allah, which was clearly part of Hillary Clinton's diabolical plot to destroy America using Republican FBI officials like Comey and Mueller that she succubussed to her will even as they cost her the election, just in time for Trump to lance her through her illegal immigrant-loving bleeding heart. It's all because of Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, Affirmative Action, and corporate taxes, superfans. Keep up, Grubers! #RussiaDoesn'tExist"

    How was that.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/09/2018 10:41pm at .

Page 6 of 7 First ... 234567 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in