Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    shin nagari

to learn basic throws

Jiu Jitsu Complete [Hardcover] byKiyose Nakae Assisted by Charles Yeager

then find someone else that wants to learn

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Seriously, why don't you do something other than a martial art. Whatever MA you do, you are at some stage going to bang your head. Look at another sport/form of exercise that won't run the risk of injuring you.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Seriously, why don't you do something other than a martial art. Whatever MA you do, you are at some stage going to bang your head. Look at another sport/form of exercise that won't run the risk of injuring you.
    ****, I hit my head so hard the other day that I saw stars and almost blacked out. And that was because one of my kids left the top cabinet door open and I was looking down when I walked by.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    ****, I hit my head so hard the other day that I saw stars and almost blacked out. And that was because one of my kids left the top cabinet door open and I was looking down when I walked by.
    Good point, perhaps constantly wearing a motorbike helmet might be a good move. Especially in high risk situations such as in the shower....

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Good point, perhaps constantly wearing a motorbike helmet might be a good move. Especially in high risk situations such as in the shower....
    My two year old likes to take his older brother's(14 year old) lacrosse stick and run around the house with it. Come to think of it, my house is like a full contact MMA fight all the time. The OP would probably die just trying to exist in my environment. :D
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    My two year old likes to take his older brother's(14 year old) lacrosse stick and run around the house with it. Come to think of it, my house is like a full contact MMA fight all the time. The OP would probably die just trying to exist in my environment. :D
    That sounds all so familiar.....

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    No responsible martial arts instructor in any remotely reputable art is going to take a student who is not medically cleared for any kind of head impact. Therefore you should go with the most irresponsible instructor and the most disreputable art, by training under Holy Moment in Pitfighting. I warn you in advance, you will literally be under him, except when he wants you to do cowgirl.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

Style
    Grapple
    *One thing though, don't tell anyone. Don't claim that you have any training. Don't buy any MMA shirt. Don't buy Gracie stickers for your car. Don't get a tattoo or anything martial arts related.
    How the f*+k is he supposed to impress chicks???

Look dude don’t make the same mistake I did and train for years and never got mugged , attacked or in a street fight .

I got/get messed up pretty bad training though all the time!

Just save yourself pain , suffering, money and time regardless of the cysts and just do all the things Diesel told you not to do.

If anybody calls you on your bullshit whilst your impressing a girl with tales of daring ninjary simple inform them that your hands are registered as lethal weapons due to the deadliness of your art and thus if you fight them you will go straight to prison.

Trust me this tried and tested formula works .
    King without a crown

Style
    Bjj, mma
    Seems to me that you don't really want to train somewhere, you just want to pretend that you are. In that case, buy a grappling dummy and the Gracie combatives videos. Work your way through the whole series.

*One thing though, don't tell anyone. Don't claim that you have any training. Don't think your "training" will actually work against a resisting opponent. Don't buy any MMA shirt. Don't buy Gracie stickers for your car. Don't get a tattoo of anything martial arts related. Don't roll with your dummy naked. Don't make eye contact with your dummy. Realize a wrestler with a week on the mat will be able to beat you and all he's done is penetration steps and bridges.

TL;DR: No.
    Very cold response but its the truth. If you are hell bent on throws then grappling dummy js way to go. They arent cheap although there are cheap ones and those ones are generally non filled. Fill that sucker with sand and its should be about 150lb+ id imagine. But if your doing **** like a suplex bear in mind you may have a heavy dummy fall on you so either way it can be dangerous for your head.

Otherwise do tai chi or learn some katas. Theres no contact and its still a ‘martial art’.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Hey, if you do Tai Chi, you could always do push hands. And you get to wear Pajamas if you want. Good call Krav.

On the flip side, last night I was sitting in my chair surfing the facebooks when my 2 year old wacked me in the ear with a lacrosse stick. That was the ear that has all kinds of cauliflower in it and immediately started to swell. I was like, sonofabitch!
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Page 2 of 2 First 12