Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Help me pick a martial art.

I have a problem, I want to learn basic throws however I am really not supposed to take blows to the head.

Because have 3 brain cists.

Honestly I would rather just make my own mat and learn from YouTube with a buddy.

Alas! I have no buddy.

So I am trying to find a place to take a month of classes that will impart rudimentary knowledge on me.

Problem is it's fucking expensive.

There are three places local to me with my price range.

Clears silat- Sketchy as hell!!! At first I was impressed by silat as properly practiced but i wanted to check on the school itself.

I found Richard Clears YouTube and that gentleman is peddling some nonsense.

The second place is Hatcher's martial arts, who I have been informed regularly hurts his students.

Finally there's Bullmans krav mags and kickboxing. This guy is too pricy but has a special for this month that makes a month workable.

I hear krav mags has a huge hype problem, but remember all I want and physically can do is really basic throws and takedowns.

For a person I'm my situation would it be wise to drop 99$ on that krav mags course for 1 month.

help me pick

I have a problem, I want to learn basic throws however I am really not supposed to take blows to the head.

Because have 3 brain cists.

Honestly I would rather just make my own mat and learn from YouTube with a buddy.

Alas! I have no buddy.

So I am trying to find a place to take a month of classes that will impart rudimentary knowledge on me.

Problem is it's fucking expensive.

Clears silat- Sketchy as hell!!! At first I was impressed by silat as properly practiced but i wanted to check on the school itself.

The second place is Hatcher's martial arts, who I have been informed regularly hurts his students.

Finally there's Bullmans krav mags and kickboxing. This guy is too pricy but has a special for this month that makes a month workable.

I hear krav mags has a huge hype problem, but remember all I want and physically can do is really basic throws and takedowns.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Learning a throwing art could easily lead to a blow to the head.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    And a month of anything won't develop much.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    BJJ, and talk to the instructor before you do anything.

Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    either you risk health complications and continue to learn throws and takedowns or go the ranged method and learn firearms. but looking at your posts, you seem to be intent on rolling around in close as a form of recreation. very hard to dissuade somebody like that; just don't blame us here when something happens to your brain (and no, we didn't send the zombies. honest).

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Seems to me that you don't really want to train somewhere, you just want to pretend that you are. In that case, buy a grappling dummy and the Gracie combatives videos. Work your way through the whole series.

*One thing though, don't tell anyone. Don't claim that you have any training. Don't think your "training" will actually work against a resisting opponent. Don't buy any MMA shirt. Don't buy Gracie stickers for your car. Don't get a tattoo of anything martial arts related. Don't roll with your dummy naked. Don't make eye contact with your dummy. Realize a wrestler with a week on the mat will be able to beat you and all he's done is penetration steps and bridges.

TL;DR: No.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by jubal View Post

Context:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpR...f5FdvdAN52iYAg

This place? This is easily the best of the three

http://www.hatchersmartialarts.com/K1.html

Our Jiu-Jitsu & MMA classes are instructed by Black belt Brad Hatcher. Brad has studied BJJ since 1993 with the Gracie family. Brad is the 1st American to ever receive a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsus in the state of TN . Mr Hatcher is a Pan Am black belt champion in BJJ and is currently a 4th degree black belt in Gracie Jiu-jitsu. Mr. Hatcher is the head Coach of Team Hatcher BJJ Association. Click the Bear Logo for info.
    Who told you he "regularly hurts his students"? A student? "Hurt" is a relative thing. If nobody ever gets hurt at an MMA/K1 place...it probably sucks.

Tool makes for good background music, but this training is meh.

Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Seems to me that you don't really want to train somewhere, you just want to pretend that you are. In that case, buy a grappling dummy and the Gracie combatives videos. Work your way through the whole series.

*One thing though, don't tell anyone. Don't claim that you have any training. Don't think your "training" will actually work against a resisting opponent. Don't buy any MMA shirt. Don't buy Gracie stickers for your car. Don't get a tattoo of anything martial arts related. Don't roll with your dummy naked. Don't make eye contact with your dummy. Realize a wrestler with a week on the mat will be able to beat you and all he's done is penetration steps and bridges.

TL;DR: No.
    I second everything here except the eye contact part. If you get the right rolling for dummy, eye contact is not only acceptable, it’s preferred...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ind...ou-275824.html

Page 1 of 3 123 Last