Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #11
    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Hanniballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,240
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    1


    This was after a ridge hand! WAR CHOPS!!!!!

  2. #12
    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Hanniballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,240
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    4
    Actually he finished like this because he broke his hand punching....which also answers the question as to why you would use a bladed of the hand over a fist.

    Not saying it's better, but there is less risk of injury and the targeting needs to be less specific. The brachial stun is actually a staple in all police training syllabus where fists are discouraged for the above reasons as well as the optics

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Actually he finished like this because he broke his hand punching....which also answers the question as to why you would use a bladed of the hand over a fist.

    Not saying it's better, but there is less risk of injury and the targeting needs to be less specific. The brachial stun is actually a staple in all police training syllabus where fists are discouraged for the above reasons as well as the optics
    If only the brachial stun were reliable, we could all be shagadelic in our fight against Dr. Evil.

  4. #14
    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Hanniballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,240
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    If only the brachial stun were reliable, we could all be shagadelic in our fight against Dr. Evil.
    Surprisingly effective against aggressive drunk people on stag nights....apparently

  5. #15
    DdlR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,958
    Style
    Bartitsu
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    IIRC that guy was actually a police defensive tactics instructor. They'd been shooting an instructional video when they heard a ruckus in the street outside and the videographer just pointed his camera out the window when the instructor got downstairs.

  6. #16
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,916
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    IIRC that guy was actually a police defensive tactics instructor. They'd been shooting an instructional video when they heard a ruckus in the street outside and the videographer just pointed his camera out the window when the instructor got downstairs.
    True, but at his core a kenmnmpo(?) guy. IIRC.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,065
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniballistic View Post
    Surprisingly effective against aggressive drunk people on stag nights....apparently
    And henchmen, especially if they’re wearing any kind of 60s era jumpsuit.

  8. #18
    By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....
    Hanniballistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Qo'noS
    Posts
    2,240
    Style
    JKD & Mok'bara
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    And henchmen, especially if they’re wearing any kind of 60s era jumpsuit.
    And knife wielding assailants in alternate realities


  9. #19
    kimjonghng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,149
    Style
    cultural appropriation
    2
    Dillman? I recommend ThePinkMan's video on him, its great

    generally with neck chops I am rather wary of employing them, or the idea anything is a 100% confirm knock out. We did a lot of neck strikes in the booj and even when my sensei decided to demo how hard he could hit with them, it was a bit disorientating at best.

    I guess you can use them for that, but I'd rather just utterly clatter someone upside the brain than go for the neck.
    Last edited by kimjonghng; 2/04/2018 7:04am at .

  10. #20
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,916
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    1
    Eh, I figure it's something to keep in mind. The one in the video is nicely disguised, comes from a weird angle, doesn't expose the striker to a counter, and if you miss you get the jaw, cheek or temple. Between that and the possibility of a hand injury, I wouldn't avoid it on principle or anything.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in