Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    3

    Consistent Knockout Neck Chop

    So I got curious if karate chops were real. Upon doing research I found several videos that have neck chop knockouts.

    Im fairly confident that most of these videos are real. However I also found a video by a guy called "Dillman".

    I initially believed the video, as he did a simple chop. However I later found a video of him teaching a student to form a "Chi ball."

    My confidence in the neck chop is now somewhat shaken.

    However I remain somewhat confident that chops CAN knock you out, as I find it implausible the non-Dillman videos are tainted by his woo.

    To argue because Dillman is a dillhole therefore no chops knock out people would be a example of the genetic fallacy.

    So if I found me a karate master and let him chop my neck would I go down fairly consistently?

  2. #2
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,951
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    3
    Dillman is a fucking retarded fraud, but hitting people in the neck is a perfectly good way to make them involuntarily sleepy. Google "karate instructor vs pimp" or some such for a slickly executed example.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,128
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    3
    To echo ermghoti, Dillman aside, neck chops are valid...

    I’d call them low percentage though. Just because you can knock someone out that way doesn’t mean you can pull it off with any consistency against resisting opponents.

    I think the fact that you never see them in competition is telling.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,780
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Dillman is a fucking retarded fraud, but hitting people in the neck is a perfectly good way to make them involuntarily sleepy. Google "karate instructor vs pimp" or some such for a slickly executed example.


    Yeah, I'll third this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,780
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1

  6. #6
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    6,724
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Here's another video we panned a few years back:



    (edit) for some reason, "brachial plexus," was stuck in my mind, which is, of course, the right answer. We have a couple threads on the phenomenon, but here's the wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brachial_plexus

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,128
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    That kind of looked to me like the pimp caught a forearm to the jaw. You can see karate dude’s hand on the upper part of his face after.

    For the record slamming someone’s face with your forearm is probabky a lot more effective than chopping their neck...

    Especially is that someone looks stumbling around drunk right beforehand.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,780
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BJMills View Post
    That kind of looked to me like the pimp caught a forearm to the jaw. You can see karate dude’s hand on the upper part of his face after.

    For the record slamming someone’s face with your forearm is probabky a lot more effective than chopping their neck...

    Especially is that someone looks stumbling around drunk right beforehand.
    Bitch, don't mess with my karate master pimp chop demonstration example.

  9. #9
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,951
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Yup, that's the one with the dude that took a cab to his own asskicking.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    740
    Style
    Bjj
    2
    Fists are more reliable. Knife hand techniques work but i dont see why you would use them over a fist. Sure theres videos of conditioning techniques to make knife hand more effective but then again why go through the trouble of doing this when a fist is still better.

    You can generate more speed throwing a punch not to mention a fist has more mass than a knife hand. Fist hits target at high speed, target recieves good damage, you chop something with your hand and its distribution of force will be terrible if your wrist hits the target or the ends of your fingers. If there was a more effective way of striking your opponent with your hands it surely would of been figured out by now.

    Lol dillman im surprised you saw a video of him actually making contact with somone.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in