Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: SPRBOWL!52!

  1. #11
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,514
    Style
    Jits
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Falenay View Post
    What's the "real" football, again?
    The one the players use their feet to play with an actual ball instead of grabbing with their hands a melon resembling artifact?

  2. #12
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    5,284
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    That said, Eagles/Philadelphia fans are, and always have been, the worst, and deserve to suffer.
    They are animals.

    Veterans Stadium actually had a courthouse in it, and for good reason.
    "Through the centuries, the Jews have endured terrible persecution, and you know that. We've all read it, studied it. They've gone through a lot. And those seeking their destruction, we will seek their destruction." -President Donald Trump, spewing his Nazi, racist, anti-Semitism.

  3. #13
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    5,050
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Do you think Gronk is going to make the game?
    Signs point to yes. He's practicing, and said he expects to play. That was a bad hit, but guys don't miss this much time when they jog off the field under their own power, generally.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

  4. #14
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    22,366
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Brady is full of nutrition/exercise bullshido, that's for sure.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #15
    Nutcracker, sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    8,002
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Brady is full of nutrition/exercise bullshido, that's for sure.
    Yeah, but it's also not quite reported right. The 37 glasses of water or whatever, he says that a lot of those include electrolytes, in the article I read. So, not "water," more like gatorade-lite.

  6. #16
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,765
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    2
    This is one of the best weekends of the year to go surfing.

  7. #17
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    5,050
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Brady is full of nutrition/exercise bullshido, that's for sure.
    I'd advise against trusting him for anything other than reading defenses and throwing passes.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

  8. #18
    Nutcracker, sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    8,002
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Well, I didn't give a ****. I still mostly don't, but it's fun to hate on the Pats and Foles is an Austinite, so... we rooted for the Eagles, and were pleased with the outcome. Overall great game - most yards advanced in a Superbowl, first QB to catch a TD in a Superbowl, no sacks (which I think but am not sure has never happened in a Superbowl). Special teams f'ing up all over the place, but redeemed because that final field goal sealed the deal. It was a good watch, if you ignore all that NSunk stuff in the middle. Oh, and the lame fucking commercials, this year. WTF, Tide?

  9. #19
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,902
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    So to quote a five year old I heard at the bar this evening ... yep you read that right.

    So daddy did the good guys win?
    Which I thought was a valid question.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

  10. #20
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,902
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Let me know when the 30 minutes of actual game play gets spliced up and put on youtube.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in