Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT

Do we need a Gloria Allred thread?

After today, I think we might.
    https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/l...471317424.html

Synopsis: black woman is outraged that the products she wants to buy are "segregated," at her local Walmart.

This topic is sure to deliver. Ready? Steady... GO!

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    I was dating a Japanese girl in college who accidentally bought some hair products for "women of color".
    It made her hair super heavy and flat, kind of like a damp and waxy Cocker Spaniel.

She was pouting and I was laughing...

Anyhow, carry on.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Well, from TFA, there's the $0.48 hair comb which is locked up, allegedly because only black women would buy it. I'm not sure where the profit margin on such an item is, but I guarantee it's close enough to zero that Walmart can't afford loss due to theft. That seems to be the underlying argument, here, is that all the "black products," are locked up, so they have to get employee assistance in order to purchase them. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but I'm not filing a lawsuit against Walmart because the ammunition is locked up and I have to wait for 20 minutes for the guy covering sporting goods today to show up, handle 4 other customers, and then get me my cheap ammo.

(edit) yeah, I realize it's a bit different for ammo, especially in some states, but the underlying premise is the same

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Well, from TFA, there's the $0.48 hair comb which is locked up, allegedly because only black women would buy it. I'm not sure where the profit margin on such an item is, but I guarantee it's close enough to zero that Walmart can't afford loss due to theft. That seems to be the underlying argument, here, is that all the "black products," are locked up, so they have to get employee assistance in order to purchase them. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, but I'm not filing a lawsuit against Walmart because the ammunition is locked up and I have to wait for 20 minutes for the guy covering sporting goods today to show up, handle 4 other customers, and then get me my cheap ammo.

(edit) yeah, I realize it's a bit different for ammo, especially in some states, but the underlying premise is the same

They now lock up "Palm" brand corned beef here, which is a Samoan staple.
    "Racists!!!"
    Spam is next, hahaha...

No, stop stealing **** motherfuckers...

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    LOL, keep the corned beef and vape pens under lock and key, but you can just grab a carton of smokes from the next aisle.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Haha, no that **** is locked too.
    It's always behind plexiglass and that sign at the top tells you to go to the counter for help.
    Motherfuckers would be running out of the store with armloads!
    At least the merch person sort of lined up the Palm labels and faced them out.

Fortunately we have so much intermingling that other bullshit doesn't fly too often.
    If anything white folks actually get shat on, but, some of 'em deserve it, lol...

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Seems a fair litmus would be if a non-black person buying the same product would be treated the same way.
    If it's true the item gets stolen a lot it's reasonable to take some precautions.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    As a rule things get attention from security because the items come in the store, aren't anywhere to be found and were never scanned out through the proper channels. That is the ONLY reason large retailers tag, box, lock, or somehow secure a product.

The software said to.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Another in the long list of folks who say they'll never shop at Walmart again but probably will.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Another in the long list of folks who say they'll never shop at Walmart again but probably will.
    Occasionally find myself in the Neighborhood Walmart Grocery cause close and always open. One of my self imposed duties is to ensure the wife has coffee ready upon waking.

Walmart Supercenter? It's been at least a decade.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last