Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Possible Fake 2nd Degree BB - John Boscarino

Alright so one of my students is a bouncer, came across a guy claiming to be a 2nd degree in BJJ, under "Royler and Royce". Showed him a picture of a nice, shiny white gi, with a 2nd degree black belt, that was SO black.... looked brand new.

Now being a black belt myself for three years, and i train 3-4 times a week, i can tell you my belt is beat the **** up. Also of course each degree takes 3 years, so that means obviously six years to hit 2nd degree. So him saying he trained for 5.5 years obviously doesn't match up.

Social media there is just that one pic, and no other references, pics, anything showing him doing BJJ anywhere. Online searches show nothing (there is an mma fighter with the same last name, different first, nowhere near what this guy looks like).

He wants to come to my school, and before i roast him i need to find out if in fact all this lines up. He could be legit and got the time line wrong (WAY wrong), or maybe he's a lower belt, and when he moved from NY to here (Vermont), he decided to promote himself.

Name is John Boscarino, Moved from NY to here in 2014, and again claims to be under "Royler and Royce".

Need some detectives to see if they can find more than me, and see what happens. Again could be legit and just got facts way incorrect, but again everything smells like it's fake.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    MABS ---------> YMAS
    Did not meet the MABS standards. YMAS is for "OH NOES SOMEONE HALP!!!!!" in all it's incarnations from the polite to the insane.

MABS is for presenting research, which will usually spur interest and help.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    all things in Moderation
    I advise you to *drum roll*... roll with him and use your contacts as a BJJ Blackbelt.

Who did you receive your Black Belt from Mr Honey Badger?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    They've already gone to full silly mode on UG.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/foru...?update=1&pc=3
    *Sigh*

I would much rather find out the whole story including who is asking. I mean am I a douche for this? I just don't know anymore...
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Cardio
    If, as you say, he wants to come to your school, let him. Can't fake it on the mats, dude. His rolling will tell you all you need to know.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    It's a little weird that a self-proclaimed black belt wouldn't know how to vet another self-proclaimed black belt.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Meh, this is just a dude that likes to cosplay or something:
    https://www.facebook.com/John.The.Evil.1

Style
    all things in Moderation
    It's a little weird that a self-proclaimed black belt wouldn't know how to vet another self-proclaimed black belt.
    New uniform and belt as evidence? I mean those kinda pictures can make great supporting evidence and I can totally see why it could cause reason for some concern. But on those same notes it is only as concerning as someone claiming to get BB in 5 years, that is some incredible work ethic and natural talent involved, which made me scratch and sniff a little.

No offense intended HoneyBadger, good for the goose is good for gander right?
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    all things in Moderation
    They've already gone to full silly mode on UG.
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/foru...?update=1&pc=3
    Oh man they are getting trolled hard over there.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 1 of 3 123 Last