Page 2 of 9 First 123456 ... Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    It was kinda "un-judge-like", but, in reality, unless they segregate him from the general population, he will get plenty of "therapy".

So she was being pretty realistic.

Not that Judges don't get pretty harsh during sentencing...
    I thought she behaved perfectly in line with every other Judge I have personally witnessed giving out sentencing, if not more professional. If it was done before he plead guilty or before she gave him the option to change his plea ... then the people complaining would have a leg to stand on.

As is, **** him and give a gold star to the Judge for participating in the American Legal System satisfactorily.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Yeah, yeah, judges are people too, I get it. I just think they should set a higher standard.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I thought she behaved perfectly in line with every other Judge I have personally witnessed giving out sentencing, if not more professional. If it was done before he plead guilty or before she gave him the option to change his plea ... then the people complaining would have a leg to stand on. As is, **** him and give a gold star to the Judge for participating in the American Legal System satisfactorily.
    Yep, she has sentencing guidelines to follow, pre-sentencing investigation, psycho-sexual evaluations, etc., etc., to go by. I guarantee she read stuff that probably made her sick to her stomach, that we will never see or hear. Once that is all done correctly, he can appeal the sentence (usually) if he thinks there are grounds.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Have you spent much time in court?
    Only for civil cases - mostly breach of contract stuff - and only to do my part as expert witness, so I didn't stay for all the proceedings.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Yeah, yeah, judges are people too, I get it. I just think they should set a higher standard.
    Higher standard for what ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Higher standard for what ?
    Decorum? I dunno... I'm happy to let this one go, not worth arguing about.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Decorum? I dunno... I'm happy to let this one go, not worth arguing about.
    This sentencing was a wake up call to many white males across the interwebs as to the power a judge holds and as I said, I thought she was comparatively awesome. She didn't wonder off into how his family raises criminals or blame the parents of the children or the offender's race or religion. Hell she didn't even quote the Bible or suggest he find Jesus.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Mixed
    I concur, however, I've been that close and closer to murderers and child abuser/rapists, and don't feel like doing physical violence to them. I'll let the system take care of that...
    I'm more Bronson than you are.

Style
    Jits
    Yeah, I found that a little distasteful.
    Triggered?

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    This sentencing was a wake up call to many white males across the interwebs as to the power a judge holds and as I said, I thought she was comparatively awesome. She didn't wonder off into how his family raises criminals or blame the parents of the children or the offender's race or religion. Hell she didn't even quote the Bible or suggest he find Jesus.
    It wasn't hard to see she wanted this sentence to resonate with people. That's what drama is for, after all, to make an impression.

This guy makes Harvey Weinstein look angelic, and shows the depth of the problem...it's not just about women in Hollywood. This kind of thing can happen anywhere, with the same excuses, lies, and pressure to keep quiet.

A single coach can do so much damage, let alone a big Hollywood producer.

Page 2 of 9 First 123456 ... Last