Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ

The Judicial Emotion and Activism Thread

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Missed this one:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/disgraced-o...ry?id=52577459

Larry Nassar, former Team USA doctor, sentenced 40-175 years.
    The judge who sentenced him went full drama queen "I just signed your death warrant".
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The judge who sentenced him went full drama queen "I just signed your death warrant".
    Yeah, I found that a little distasteful.

Missed this one:
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/disgraced-o...ry?id=52577459

Larry Nassar, former Team USA doctor, sentenced 40-175 years.
    I hope they make that bastard stay the full 175 years, like even after he's dead they should just leave him to rot in his cell.

I don't think it was distasteful enough.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I don't think it was distasteful enough.
    Let the prosecution and victims say it, or worse, but a judge should STFU with his/her personal opinions.

Style
    Mixed
    Let the prosecution and victims say it, or worse, but a judge should STFU with his/her personal opinions.
    Have you spent much time in court? Judges do this all the time, and the nastier the monster in front of them, the more emotional they get. It's fine to let a judge express their anger over a guilty defendant...not to mention even pleading guilty, he was writing about how unfair the media and court had been to him. Truly a worm if there ever was one.

I thought she was pretty cold, rather than hysterical. She went Evil Queen on the guy, which was his karma after watching all those girls cry for what was probably the millionth time each.

If you got within 10 feet of this guy, you'd probably have to suppress the urge to bash his face in. I know I would.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 1/25/2018 2:43pm at .

I get what you're saying as far as a judge needing to be impartial, but that guy was a scumbag piece of **** and judges are still human. In the immortal words of Mills Lane "I'll allow it".

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    It was kinda "un-judge-like", but, in reality, unless they segregate him from the general population, he will get plenty of "therapy".

So she was being pretty realistic.

Not that Judges don't get pretty harsh during sentencing...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    See my other post, probably not personal opinion.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Have you spent much time in court? Judges do this all the time, and the nastier the monster in front of them, the more emotional they get. It's fine to let a judge express their anger over a guilty defendant...not to mention even pleading guilty, he was writing about how unfair the media and court had been to him. Truly a worm if there ever was one.

I thought she was pretty cold, rather than hysterical. She went Evil Queen on the guy, which was his karma after watching all those girls cry for what was probably the millionth time each.

If you got within 10 feet of this guy, you'd probably have to suppress the urge to bash his face in. I know I would.
    I concur, however, I've been that close and closer to murderers and child abuser/rapists, and don't feel like doing physical violence to them. I'll let the system take care of that...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last