Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    775
    Style
    Bjj
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    What are all the taxes spent on?
    https://www.taxsuperandyou.gov.au/node/131/take

    This is divided into 2 pie charts. 1 saying where tax money comes from and the other where its spent. The ‘other purposes’ section is probably all the bullshit things that the government wastes money on.

  2. #12
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,839
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    1

    Fucking hell, we need to get some of that Logan's Run action happening (as long as it doesn't happen to me). Those fucking oldies have had their run.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  3. #13
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    20,942
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Criminals are celebrities in australia. Alot of sentances are weak here. Even more get let off. My theory is the government hasnt got the space in jails and or funds thats why its the way it is.

    Look at this for example.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-2...ughter/9182912
    That is just sad for everyone involved.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #14
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,866
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Criminals are celebrities in australia. Alot of sentances are weak here. Even more get let off. My theory is the government hasnt got the space in jails and or funds thats why its the way it is.

    Look at this for example.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-2...ughter/9182912
    Wait! I thought Australia WAS a jail. Punishments inside prisons are always more lax than they would be for the outside world.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    775
    Style
    Bjj
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Wait! I thought Australia WAS a jail. Punishments inside prisons are always more lax than they would be for the outside world.
    Yeah they tend to seperate certain inmates for their protection. They been seperating pedophiles for a long time for example, general population tends to hospitalise them. The case in the link was pretty fucked up. Prior to the baby being found in the creek (1 day later), the mother claimed the baby was taken by an african man from the stroller.

    Now camera footage from the park trail showed the lady fleeing the scene with an empty stroller (**** the stroller, chase the kidnapper right?) then went to her brother in laws house 20 mins later to call the cops. She runs out of an area so no one spots a dead kid and then a lady with an empty stroller with a resembelance to the child in an attempt to get away with the crime. Only to get away with it regardless.

    But yes we were originally a penal colony, heres a fun fact. Australia is the only country to have a rebellion because people didnt get their booze. Search ‘Rum Rebellion’.

  6. #16
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,839
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    Yeah they tend to seperate certain inmates for their protection. They been seperating pedophiles for a long time for example, general population tends to hospitalise them. The case in the link was pretty fucked up. Prior to the baby being found in the creek (1 day later), the mother claimed the baby was taken by an african man from the stroller.

    Now camera footage from the park trail showed the lady fleeing the scene with an empty stroller (**** the stroller, chase the kidnapper right?) then went to her brother in laws house 20 mins later to call the cops. She runs out of an area so no one spots a dead kid and then a lady with an empty stroller with a resembelance to the child in an attempt to get away with the crime. Only to get away with it regardless.

    But yes we were originally a penal colony, heres a fun fact. Australia is the only country to have a rebellion because people didnt get their booze. Search ‘Rum Rebellion’.
    Even funner fact, the Rum Rebellion took place on the 26th of January, which is now Australia Day. And now they're trying to change the date of Australia Day.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  7. #17
    cualltaigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Cooltown, SEQ
    Posts
    1,935
    Style
    BJJ, MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Even funner fact, the Rum Rebellion took place on the 26th of January, which is now Australia Day. And now they're trying to change the date of Australia Day.
    I think this fact needs to be more widely distributed/understood in the whole debate.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

  8. #18
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,866
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post

    But yes we were originally a penal colony, heres a fun fact. Australia is the only country to have a rebellion because people didnt get their booze. Search ‘Rum Rebellion’.
    That's pretty awesome!
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in