Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    This thread is the place to discuss the JJGF (specifically Rickson's) reactions and and how they plan on keeping it from happening again (again) and again since it is in the title. The upcoming threads on the individuals would not be the place to discuss it.

Everyone gets to put in their two cents. It would not be fair otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I appreciate that, and that will go a long way to stopping this from happening again. Though, honestly, the JJGF and how it is doing things or not, to me is a side issue. Maybe it is MABS worthy, maybe it is not. Personally I don't care to pursue it, and by and large feel it is a distraction to this topic(s). We have a man who has thrice been convicted of sexually assaulting women(three different women at that). We also have a man who has been convicted of sexual offense against a minor younger than 13, and who has failed to register as sex offender as required. I would really like this thread, and the ones that it will spawn, as I plan to do separate threads on each of these individuals to be sure they get their fair share of attention, to stay focused on the individuals and not any affiliations that they might have had. This isn't about the JJGF. This about making sure that people who go to these men for classes, for themselves or their children are aware of any possible danger they or their children might be in.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    judo hiatus
    Ok I've got a bunch more information from Ty, which I'll be uploading tomorrow once I've sorted it all, and figured out exactly what can go up for public consumption and what shouldn't.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe this should be split into two threads focus on each of the individuals. Any advice from more experienced Bullshido guys would be appreciated.
    Should I still email Ty? Sounds like you have it covered but being local I'm available if needed for anything. One of Ty's students and I used to teach the Safe Kids program years ago. The student in question became a cop and wanted to work with nailing pedophiles over chat rooms. I mention this as he might be able to help with records searches.

Good work Rabbi.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Should I still email Ty? Sounds like you have it covered but being local I'm available if needed for anything. One of Ty's students and I used to teach the Safe Kids program years ago. The student in question became a cop and wanted to work with nailing pedophiles over chat rooms. I mention this as he might be able to help with records searches.

Good work Rabbi.
    If you are willing, yes please. I face to face would probably still be better. I want to make sure this thing is as clean and as accurate as possible.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    judo hiatus
    If you are willing, yes please. I face to face would probably still be better. I want to make sure this thing is as clean and as accurate as possible.
    Will do.

Style
    Cardio
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I can't find him on the Tenn. Registry either.
    http://sor.tbi.tn.gov/SOMainpg.aspx

I know that search UI looks shady, here is the mainTNdotgov page that sent me there.
    https://www.tn.gov/tbi/law-enforceme...-registry.html
    Yeah. That page is abysmal. I tried a search for the Rutherford County area and had a load of dribble spat back and I didn't have the time to try and go through all of the alphabetical lists, unfortunately. One of the links in Michael's OP had screen grabs but I wanted a recent search for the sake of completeness.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    I know I promised to do individual threads yesterday and put up all the stuff, however, life happened. I got some sort of belly awefuls and haven't really been able to concentrate as necessary. It is coming though.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    judo hiatus
    I know I promised to do individual threads yesterday and put up all the stuff, however, life happened. I got some sort of belly awefuls and haven't really been able to concentrate as necessary. It is coming though.
    Email to Redline sent with a request for contact.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    New thread on Mr. Naugle to be found here:
    https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...84#post2964184

Should have the thread on Silva up in a day or two.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    The timeline for Mr. Naugle is quite problematic:

Scott Naugle has trained with the Gracie family since July of 1997 and was promoted to first degree black belt on February 7, 2014, by Chris Saunders. Chris Saunders was the first American to get his black belt from Master Rickson Gracie. And Scott Naugle is the first person to be promoted to black belt by Chris Saunders.
    http://leveragejj.com/about/head-instructor/

So we have Mr. Naugle starting his BJJ journey with the Gracie family in 1997 and does his best to make it appear that this was a continuous path until he received his black belt in 2014. To date we have heard nothing from the Gracie camp about this, and I really hope that will change soon. So lacking any rebuttal from the Gracie camp it would seem that the time line goes like this.

July 1997 Mr. Naugle begins training with the Gracie family.

On December 17, 2003 Mr. Naugle pleas guilty to sexual battery and apparently begins his prison sentence

On December 17, 2008 Mr. Naugle is released from prison

Some time after this he resumes his training, hits a few other legal issues in 2012

Then he gets his black belt in February 7, 2014.

What I hope someone from the Gracie camp can provide is some sort of plausible explanation about how a man can take a five year break from training to serve a sentence for sexual battery, then be able to come back and train in any capacity, all the more go in just five years to get his black belt.

Style
    Cardio
    Without input from Chris Saunders, we may never know how he swindled that one.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last