Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT

Newsweek HQ invaded by NYPD

Article goes on to mention IRS lien, but not sure how that has anything to do with NYPD. Article is barren of any useful information:
    https://nypost.com/2018/01/18/nypd-o...-headquarters/

The only other article I could find, at this point, is even lighter on details:
    https://theoutline.com/post/2982/new...rom-the-police

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Still no more details out there that I can find.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    whoa, newsweek was still in business?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Article goes on to mention IRS lien, but not sure how that has anything to do with NYPD. Article is barren of any useful information:
    https://nypost.com/2018/01/18/nypd-o...-headquarters/

The only other article I could find, at this point, is even lighter on details:
    https://theoutline.com/post/2982/new...rom-the-police
    A quote from your first article...
    It was a breaking news story — but not exactly the type Newsweek was aching to report.
    "About two dozen investigators from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office converged on the downtown newsroom of Newsweek on Thursday — taking photos of computers and servers, sources said."

"Early reports — based on eyewitness sources — that NYC cops were involved in the raid were not accurate, NYPD sources told The Post."
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    A quote from your first article...
    It was a breaking news story — but not exactly the type Newsweek was aching to report.
    "About two dozen investigators from the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office converged on the downtown newsroom of Newsweek on Thursday — taking photos of computers and servers, sources said."

"Early reports — based on eyewitness sources — that NYC cops were involved in the raid were not accurate, NYPD sources told The Post."
    Yeah, so, I was all about not quoting the entire text of these news stories, because copyright... but, they definitely edit these online stories. You can see "updated" right at the top, some better outfits will also put the updated date+time. I'll be more careful, going forward.

Spoiler:
    it's like responding to W. Rabbit, back in the day when he would edit everything before you completed your reply (no offense, W. Rabbit, you're much better, these days)

(edit) seems like this has a direct bearing on #FakeNews, too - you read something, report it to friends and fams, next thing you know it's changed from when you read it. Fuckers. I hate everyone, today. Bad day at work. ****.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Yeah, so, I was all about not quoting the entire text of these news stories, because copyright... but, they definitely edit these online stories. You can see "updated" right at the top, some better outfits will also put the updated date+time. I'll be more careful, going forward.

Spoiler:
    it's like responding to W. Rabbit, back in the day when he would edit everything before you completed your reply (no offense, W. Rabbit, you're much better, these days)

(edit) seems like this has a direct bearing on #FakeNews, too - you read something, report it to friends and fams, next thing you know it's changed from when you read it. Fuckers. I hate everyone, today. Bad day at work. ****.
    Sorry to hear your work sucked I wasn't trying to bust your balls I figured you were just in a hurry and missed it.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hopefully today will be better or at least give you interesting problems to solve.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Oh, yeah, interesting problems, for sure - got several of those. Fucking Java, and why are so many Java coders ESL? Makes it difficult to discern any kind of meaning from documentation (or youtube vids).

Slept from 2 to 5, just taking a few minutes to catch up on 2 days worth of missed BS.

Style
    Mixed
    they definitely edit these online stories. You can see "updated" right at the top, some better outfits will also put the updated date+time.
    Long live the new flesh.