Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789

Style
    what style?
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I'm not going to go back and check but didn't devile say his son train with that person?

Plus unless devil started training again it's been a long time since he trained skill level of female MMA fighters has increased over time.
    No.. and he said he was white belt.

Quote Originally Posted by devil
    As a BJJ white belt, I had the opportunity to train some with a high level female MMA fighter who would shortly thereafter become one of the best female fighters in the world. At best, she was a moderate threat to your average, reasonably fit male. Strength just matters so fucking much, despite what everyone wants to think.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    No.. and he said he was white belt.
    Hmm, he didn't say anything that was outrageously unreasonable then.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    what style?
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Hmm, he didn't say anything that was outrageously unreasonable then.
    #whitebeltjokes

Style
    Jujutsu
    How do I escape... this shitty seminar?

How do I escape... my 12 month contract?

How do I escape... this cult-like bullshit?

There really is a lot tied up in that question!

Dingbat

Style
    ninpo nusubito, arnis
    most women haven't sparred/fought a guy that they first slapped publicly, screamed that he is a impotent ***** and threatened to shove the mop handle up his ass, before starting the round. thus they never have felt the brunt of a guy who's prepared to rock no matter what.2 general mindsets when a guy attacks a woman:1. she is just a resource/object/meat/stranger. basically 'othering.' this involves a lot of set-ups so that victim is unprepared2. woman pissed him off, offended his ego.note: number 2 can follow number one. remember nicole dufrensne. so, which method trains in sucker punch defence, not to mention the grab and brandish (pointing weapon at the neck)? at the same time, which place holds man vs woman sparring in where the man is pissed enough to suffer a broken arm just to take the woman out? women's SD is a very large can of worms (unless it's about firearms).

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_cart View Post
    so, which method trains in sucker punch defence
    None of them do. It's a sucker punch.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    None of them do. It's a sucker punch.
    Bullshit what does the ref say or what is included in just about all full contact matches and rulesets?
    "Defend yourself at all times".
    People get sucker punched in combat sports all the time. Judo's grip fighting get's borderline suckerpunchy for example.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Bullshit what does the ref say or what is included in just about all full contact matches and rulesets?
    People get sucker punched in combat sports all the time. Judo's grip fighting get's borderline suckerpunchy for example.
    I'm talking about on the street as I thought that was what he was talking about. Sucker punch being when someone walks up behind you at a bar and punches you in the back of the head. That's what I consider a sucker punch. In my opinion if you are in a combative situation, it is no longer a sucker punch it's just a punch you didn't see.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I'd have to disagree about kumi kata in Judo getting 'suckerpunchy'. Hitting someone in the face while grip fighting is fairly unusual, but does happen. One can do it on purpose, of course, and try to make it look like an accident.

Then there is the tsuki age type stuff, and getting your ears banged on.

But everybody knows that is just part of the game, so not really sucker punches.

I think that the best defense against sucker punches is awareness, and body spacing. Similar to what LEO does (or should do), except that a normal citizen really should be trying to get away safely from danger rather than confronting it.

Most folks go through life pretty unaware of what is going on around them. Earphones in, eyes on phone, especially in these modern times.

Then training in a decent striking art (boxing) to develop the reflexes to dodge/block/counter, with maintenance training to keep those reflexes up to date.

Those and avoiding getting into verbal pissing contests with people in general. Rarely does anything good come of that sort of behavior.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    what does the ref say
    Can... not... resist...

Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789