Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I called it first...
    Oh hush, you, with your useless martial arts. Don't you know you are in the presence of real greatness, a Tai Chi master has deigned to visit our site. You realize your Judo has nothing on Tai Chi right? I mean here is this Chinese propaganda film that shows that explicitly:

Apparently they've done these sorts of films about how every martial art is inferior to Tai Chi. I guess that was why it shocked China so much when that MMA fighter pancaked the Tai Chi master in the challenge match.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Escaping is their problem.
    Why would you want to escape when you are a Tai Chi killing machine?

Style
    Tai Chi, Kyokushin Karate
    Is this seriously a bulletin board for children?
    I asked a serious question and all you do is pull up a blog post about justifying the need for lethal force. When was the last time someone was trying to abduct you for organ harvesting? How the **** do you escape the situation.
    Maybe we can keep the discussion a bit civil.
    Tai Chi is simply the Great Extremes. Know yourself to the utmost to know your strengths and weakness so you may be able to know your enemy's.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRooster View Post
    Is this seriously a bulletin board for children?
    I asked a serious question and all you do is pull up a blog post about justifying the need for lethal force. When was the last time someone was trying to abduct you for organ harvesting? How the **** do you escape the situation.
    Maybe we can keep the discussion a bit civil.
    Tai Chi is simply the Great Extremes. Know yourself to the utmost to know your strengths and weakness so you may be able to know your enemy's.
    I dunno, I bet a few of us here have woken up in a tub full of ice with a mysterious ache in our lower backs.

Now aside from your silly blog post and obvious affection for urban legends(unless you live in a third world **** hole where apparently this is a thing). The reason you got so much disdain is that your question simply wasn't serious. At least not at a level of anyone qualified to teach anything. Let me give an analogy. I was a wrestler, I wrestled for 16yrs with a stint on the US Junior National team. Now I teach wrestling at a BJJ club. If someone comes up to me and asks, "How do I defend takedowns." My answer is attend the wrestling classes. If they ask, "how do I defend a single leg?", my answer is we are going to spend the next two months on single legs, counters and counter counters. If they ask, "What is a good counter from this particular position." Now I have enough details to formulate an answer, which will be productive and comprehensible.

Your initial statement was:
    Hi All,

I am a martial arts and self defense instructor and yesterday received an open-ended question,
    "How could I escape?"...
    The question is obvious to me, but with all of my knowledge on the subject, it would take me at least 2 weeks to answer the question.
    So, I only had 3 minutes with this woman to answer a deep question.
    I go through the primary concepts and do my best, but I fear I could have done better.
    Please tell me how would you answer such a LARGE question?

Thank you for your answers!
    Andrew Brown
    Martial Energetics
    Your "How could I escape?" question is much the same as the guy who is asking me how to defend take downs. It is simply too broad in scope and too vague in details to be answerable. That you present as being unaware that it is an unanswerable question as given, has most of us wondering whether you are a troll come to liven things up, or simply another delusional TMA guy who himself doesn't know enough to know what he doesn't know, while peddling your ignorance as a system.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    I asked a serious question...

When was the last time someone was trying to abduct you for organ harvesting?
    You're an idiot.

The answer to the OP question is to yell "I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with me."

If your martial art is Tai Chi, your strengths are not fighting, and your weaknesses are not being able to fight.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Did he seriously just suggest Organ Harvesting as a likely or common Self Defense scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael
    BFM next time lead off by letting us know he is saying this about Tai Chi. I almost fell out of my chair when I read that. The great Tai Chi killing machines.
    Oh hell no.
    Half the fun is reading his post, thinking of how silly the original post is, THEN reading the his quote about self defense being all about having the confidence an ability to snuff out a soul's light with your bare hands.
    Only then should you learn about his Tai Chi Corporate Self Defense style.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Well according to your own words you have the Self Defense on lockdown.

http://www.martialenergetics.com/blog/

Also Gen BS ---------> YMAS
    Crap. I was trying to link to http://www.martialenergetics.com/blo...f-self-defense not the top of the blog. Tho that first bit about Chi is pretty cute, I have to admit.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Let us see what OP says about his self defense class.
    http://www.martialenergetics.com/survival-self-defense
    Survival Self Defense

Have you ever felt afraid for your physical safety and not known what to do? Have you ever wondered what you would do if you were forced to fight for your life? If the martial arts you know would "really work" when your life depends on it? Come to our ongoing classes to get hands-on practice applying the tool of violence in a life-threatening situation. You will be introduced to a method of training called Reaction Simulation Training (RST) that will not just open your eyes to the realities of life or death violence but also allow you to discover what you are truly capable of when you put your mind to it, WITHOUT risking injury to yourself or others. This is an adrenaline-free, cooperative training session - you get to experience fighting for your life without risking it!

You will start by learning the mechanics of causing injury to the human body, and how to get it exactly right every single time. Next you will learn how to use your body efficiently to take an assailant from dangerous to nonfunctional in the shortest time possible. After that it's just a matter of improving your precision and efficiency and increasing your options.

Expect to get a light workout and come dressed appropriately. Beginners are always welcome.
    Anyone want to take a wack at these claims?

I personally would like IronRooster to explain this "RST" more. It is an intriguing concept, I have not heard of such a thing. It sounds familiar but I just can't place it.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    This is an adrenaline-free, cooperative training session - you get to experience fighting for your life without risking it!
    Umm, nope. Complete non-sequitur.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    I sent a message to Dane Dormio the listed owner of Martial Energetics and asked him to verify that Andrew does indeed represent and teach at his school and to join the conversation to possibly help shed some light onto the style and claims made.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 2 of 10 First 123456 ... Last