Style
    cultural appropriation

muay thai club in my area would like a more experienced MT persons opinion

Ok so theres a MT place not far from me. Ive seen good reviews on facebook for them, but wondered what people's thoughts were on them from this video

So first video, Bane cosplay aside, I've done some kickboxing before, but we didnt used to do conditioning like this (with hammers, ropes, curling up on the punch bag etc). Is this sort of thing typical of MT? I'm not too familar of the norms of the style, and having only been to one kickboxing club I may not be as in the know as some, but the initial promo made me wonder what you guys over here thought of it? Im not too sure on that gut punch drill

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    Ok so theres a MT place not far from me. Ive seen good reviews on facebook for them, but wondered what people's thoughts were on them from this video

So first video, Bane cosplay aside, I've done some kickboxing before, but we didnt used to do conditioning like this (with hammers, ropes, curling up on the punch bag etc). Is this sort of thing typical of MT? I'm not too familar of the norms of the style, and having only been to one kickboxing club I may not be as in the know as some, but the initial promo made me wonder what you guys over here thought of it? Im not too sure on that gut punch drill
    It's more of a modern way of doing MT. Some more modern and Western ideas. I wouldn't call it "traditional" Muay Thai but there's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. Do you have any specific concerns?

Style
    cultural appropriation
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    It's more of a modern way of doing MT. Some more modern and Western ideas. I wouldn't call it "traditional" Muay Thai but there's nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. Do you have any specific concerns?
    Not really, I was more asking from a perspective of this this looked like a good school or if anything stood out that was a red flag for the MY guys on here :)

Style
    Mixed
    Am I the only one who doesn't see the videos?

I know they're there if I reply, but I just see a big blank space in the forum.

Here they are without the tags.

https://www.facebook.com/PureImpactM...2044247588384/

https://www.facebook.com/PureImpactM...6422396483903/

Style
    cultural appropriation
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't see the videos?

I know they're there if I reply, but I just see a big blank space in the forum.

Here they are without the tags.

https://www.facebook.com/PureImpactM...2044247588384/

https://www.facebook.com/PureImpactM...6422396483903/
    they come up for me on my computer so it might be something on your end?

Anyway, whatre your thoughts?

Style
    Mixed
    they come up for me on my computer so it might be something on your end?

Anyway, whatre your thoughts?
    I don't think Firefox likes the embedding. IE works ok.

My experience with Muay Thai was brief (6 mo or so) but this looks like a nice alive place with some competitive aspect.

I agree with you on the "gut punch drill" conditioning (video #2)...interested in hearing what other people think of that. Sometimes schools put out macho **** that isn't good training, and it can be hard to tell. Some people may watch that and be amazed..most people are not going to be able to take that kind of thing no matter how much they train, so putting one tough guy there to demo it always seems a bit promotion-ish to me...

Style
    Armed Meatbag/Kyokushin
    eh, core conditioning like that has it's uses if done right. I think it looks like a solid place to train.

Style
    cultural appropriation
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    eh, core conditioning like that has it's uses if done right. I think it looks like a solid place to train.
    Part of me watches that core conditioning stuff and makes me wonder if I am physically ready for that sort of punishment or competition as I am currently. It certainly looks like it could be. I'll try looking at the fighter's records if there's anything I can find

Style
    Armed Meatbag/Kyokushin
    Part of me watches that core conditioning stuff and makes me wonder if I am physically ready for that sort of punishment or competition as I am currently. It certainly looks like it could be. I'll try looking at the fighter's records if there's anything I can find
    You start light and work up. You aren't getting hit 100% or anything like that.

Style
    Mixed
    That guy getting hit in the demo is probably one of their most conditioned guys, so I wouldn't use that as your rubric. Honestly I think the best way to condition yourself for hits is to spar, but people do all sorts of even more extreme body conditioning exercises...as long as the person teaching you is qualified, there shouldn't be any real harm to it.