Gluteus Medius Strain

So I am having trouble overcoming this particular injury. Not really sure what to do. I had a bad back pulled muscle after a tournament and had trouble walking. End result was I think I pulled the Gluteus medius or I had already pulled it and the back was just bonus (back pain gone now). So can anyone make recommendations on how to get over this damn thing? Stretches? Exercises? How to rest it (pillow between the knees and sleep on side???)?

This is really starting to be a pain in the ass...

https://youtu.be/6YMPAH67f4o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by remington50 View Post
    So I am having trouble overcoming this particular injury. Not really sure what to do. I had a bad back pulled muscle after a tournament and had trouble walking. End result was I think I pulled the Gluteus medius or I had already pulled it and the back was just bonus (back pain gone now). So can anyone make recommendations on how to get over this damn thing? Stretches? Exercises? How to rest it (pillow between the knees and sleep on side???)?

This is really starting to be a pain in the ass...

https://youtu.be/6YMPAH67f4o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I did that one, more than once. Took me years to figure it out.

The last time, I finally started BJJ, because when I would start feeling good and did Judo, results were not good.

Ne waza is like constant dynamic stretching, and that did the trick. Now I have other aches and pains, but the GM pull is OK.

It is one of the suckiest injuries I've ever had. Took 2 years to get over it, but I'm an old fart.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl