Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,302
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    I am at a loss for words...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #12
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I am at a loss for words...
    You wish you had that hoodie, Blackfistmonkey.


  3. #13
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    A green sharpie would fix that right up. Just a little work on the EY and, boom: you have a celibate child, dedicated to his God.

  4. #14
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,302
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    You wish you had that hoodie, Blackfistmonkey.

    Don't these sites generally take some green clothed shots of models and then just digitally change the colors and prints?

    *edit*
    side note: jack is cracking me up. I can't tell if troll or ignorant and defensive.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #15
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Don't these sites generally take some green clothed shots of models and then just digitally change the colors and prints?

    *edit*
    side note: jack is cracking me up. I can't tell if troll or ignorant and defensive.
    In my experience, it's a lot more difficult (read: $$) to do so with soft goods, like clothing, especially if bearing a logo or pattern that deforms as it is wrapped around a body. For cars and other durable goods, yeah, they can 'shop the color to a high degree of accuracy with a couple of mouse clicks.

  6. #16
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,569
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post

    This one?

    Sources: Georgia QB Jacob Eason, the former Lake Stevens star, expected to transfer to UW

  7. #17
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,569
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Also, consider the parents/guardians who allowed the child to be photographed.

    I don't think this is as much about the company or the clothes as it is about SJW winning yet another battle in the war on common fucking sense. Hell, my wife calls our kids little monkeys, and I've seen plenty of other moms do the same.


    I saw a mom yesterday with the shirt,
    "Those are my monkeys and this is my circus."

  8. #18
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    This one?
    haha, sorry about that. I was tooting my own horn at the HM Monkey joke in the URL, had to bust it up so it would display. If you want to actually click through, try this:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...weatshirt-row/

  9. #19
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,302
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    I saw a mom yesterday with the shirt,
    "Those are my monkeys and this is my circus."
    That is an old Russian expression? I think?

    Not my monkeys, not my circus.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in