Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
    Style
    Kendo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatur View Post
    Neil I tried some of them turkish get ups today, and I agree. I'd never heard of them before, and it was a bit of a mission to get the form right. But they feel effective
    The great thing about them is that you can do them with a relatively low weight and they work a ton of stuff in your body. Try starting out with maybe a 20 lb dumbbell or kettlebell, do sets of 6 (3 each side).

There's not much form: keep the arm vertical, get down onto your back anyway you can, get back up anyway you can. You'll figure it out.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    The great thing about them is that you can do them with a relatively low weight and they work a ton of stuff in your body. Try starting out with maybe a 20 lb dumbbell or kettlebell, do sets of 6 (3 each side).

There's not much form: keep the arm vertical, get down onto your back anyway you can, get back up anyway you can. You'll figure it out.
    Yeah, Turkish get ups will kick your ass. I've done them with some light kettlebells, but my 24kg, forget about it!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Kendo
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, Turkish get ups will kick your ass. I've done them with some light kettlebells, but my 24kg, forget about it!
    Back when I was lifting more, I was doing them with a 55 lb dumbell. I have seen video of 135 lb barbell, which is craziness.

what is the best diet for a 90 kg person ?

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Quote Originally Posted by annalevis View Post
    what is the best diet for a 90 kg person ?
    Food.

Style
    cultural appropriation
    Is it possible to dirty cut?

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910