Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Suck vs Blow

  1. #1
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,788
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    4

    Suck vs Blow



    They film it in slow motion to demonstrate that not a single movement is wasted on anything plausible.

    That looked like it was quite a bit of fun, though it would clearly require a fair amount of skill. Many people would be terrified if they were unarmed facing an attacker with a large knife like that. Great fun for the whole family.
    LOLOLOL
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  2. #2
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,704
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    3
    ... in conclusion, Denver Martial Arts Institute is a fucking joke.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  3. #3
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,631
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    4
    Man, that was awful. Except the music. The music was abysmal.

  4. #4
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,704
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Man, that was awful. Except the music. The music was abysmal.
    It was like a racist wrote some Chinese muzac ...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    991
    Style
    Muay Thai/Wrestling
    3
    I don’t know what you guys are complaining about. That video was the bomb. My knife defense has gotten better via osmosis just by watching it.

    And the music! Fucking Oscar worthy!

    You jealousy bullies can suck it... or blow it. Either way.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    934
    Style
    Ex-Karate
    2
    Wow - stunning.

    I was going to take my annual Stateside vacation next Easter to Florida - rapidly changing my mind, I might go to Denver instead.

  7. #7
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,062
    3
    Such a promising thread title only to be disappointed. Tisk, tisk. Why is no one goes full speed NHB when demonstrating knife defense??

  8. #8
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,790
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Wow - stunning.

    I was going to take my annual Stateside vacation next Easter to Florida - rapidly changing my mind, I might go to Denver instead.
    Better beer and more of it in Denver.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #9
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,788
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Such a promising thread title only to be disappointed. Tisk, tisk. Why is no one goes full speed NHB when demonstrating knife defense??
    Do you even Dog Brothers bro?
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    934
    Style
    Ex-Karate
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Better beer and more of it in Denver.
    You are right, plus world class martial arts

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in