Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You probably haven't even made up for the electricity you'll burn today.

Edit: oh, you're making someone else pay for it. You're going to make a fine capitalist some day, Ghost.
    It's in my blood.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    It's in my blood.
    Next, you need to parallelize your operations to extract optimal h/s.

Do you know your h/p? If you give me your cost per kilowatt (roughly) and the wattage of your mining gear, I can try to calculate your return at scale.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cryptocurrency

Looks like a bit of a slide in prices, interesting to see if this is the bursting of the bubble.

Here in the UK one of the UK credit card providers has blocked purchasing of some crypto currencies.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-ll...-idUKKBN1FO0UL

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...cryptocurrency

Looks like a bit of a slide in prices, interesting to see if this is the bursting of the bubble.

Here in the UK one of the UK credit card providers has blocked purchasing of some crypto currencies.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-ll...-idUKKBN1FO0UL
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/06/inve...ary/index.html
    "
    The cryptocurrency tumbled as much as 13% Tuesday. Bitcoin briefly fell below $6,000 for the first time in three months before recovering most of its earlier losses. It has lost nearly two-thirds of its value since it peaked above $19,000 in December.

Other digital currencies, including ethereum, litecoin and ripple, mirrored bitcoin's drop."
    The sell off seems to be mimicking the stock market to a certain degree and it looks like people are getting fucky with it

"The SEC has already stepped up enforcement. Last week, it obtained a court order halting an initial coin offering from what claimed to be the world's first "decentralized bank."

Cryptocurrency investors have also been alarmed by sharpened rhetoric around online currencies.

On Tuesday, Switzerland-based Bank for International Settlements General Manager Agustin Carstens called bitcoin a "combination of a bubble, a Ponzi scheme and an environmental disaster."

Carstens' comments followed scrutiny Monday from Mario Draghi, president of the European Central Bank. Draghi said online currencies were "very risky assets" and that prices were "entirely speculative."
    Good article if you're not plugged into the scene or if you're in a "HODL!!!!! Crypto is #1" bubble. I didn't realize the SEC was throwing it's weight around like that. I will have to read more.
    I am apparently ignorant.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Thread bump - just seen this in the news....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43799281

I find this wildly amusing about how trusting the Icelanders are, not sure how they let this guy be put in what appears to be a very low security prison and fleeing with the Prime Minister's flight is comedy gold.

I'd frankly have a tough time justifying putting a larcenous nerd in a high security prison. Iceland has very little serious crime in general, most of it being related to accidental inbreeding, according to a good Icelandic friend of mine, considering that about half the fucking island is related by blood.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I'd frankly have a tough time justifying putting a larcenous nerd in a high security prison. Iceland has very little serious crime in general, most of it being related to accidental inbreeding, according to a good Icelandic friend of mine, considering that about half the fucking island is related by blood.
    I was thinking more along the lines of fleeing justice with a potential source of revenue. Just wondering what they do with the more dangerous criminals - probably chuck them in one of their (many) volcanoes.

According to experts of ICO Pulse new cryptocurrencies become more and more popular today. I just read an article Bitcoin Cash vs Litecoin and it seems that at the moment neither Bitcoin Cash nor Litecoin can seriously compete with the main cryptocurrency. But in the next few years these altcoins could be quite profitable for investing too. I'm new in crypto but I want to buy some in the near future.

Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliG View Post
    According to experts of ICO Pulse new cryptocurrencies become more and more popular today. I just read an article Bitcoin Cash vs Litecoin and it seems that at the moment neither Bitcoin Cash nor Litecoin can seriously compete with the main cryptocurrency. But in the next few years these altcoins could be quite profitable for investing too. I'm new in crypto but I want to buy some in the near future.
    I train with a guy thats put 15k into cryto thinking all these other coins boom the way bit coin has and create a new market. The market slumped real hard at the start of the year and is doing crap. That training buddy researched the hell out of it too. Save your cash put it towards something physical that can actually be desired.

The thing with alot of these coins is they claim to do x,y and z just to get people to invest. For example 1 coin may say that their coins are desirable cos funds transfer in under 10 seconds across continents. But why invest in a complete different currency to do this when technology is ever improving and in 2 years normal funds will do the same. The only currency in crypto thats pretty stable after the big drop is bit coin and thats only because theres alot of money invested in it. Ripple for example might be up 20 cents this morning but tonight will drop 50. Problem with cryto in this regard is they fluctuate rapidly, normal currencies go up and down but its small and also gradual. Only time they drop big is during a war.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345