Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    So long as no rivalries break out, lol...

I could tell the grayed, chubby old guy managers weren't from here.
    I assume they got sent here on assignment from corporate.
    They had the wherewithal to hire a little army of cute girls, part of the business model no doubt.
    Kept thinking that I was viewing a thing of the past.

What was really interesting was the excitement for the womens' bouts.
    People were into it big time, and it was packed.
    It's mainstream now.
    I miss Bufalo Wild Wings. We watched Couture take the title from Silvia there, when you could only spot a few Tapout t-shirts Lol.

If someone opened one over here it'd be a gold mine! How come there's one in Dubai and Saudi, but Ireland & the UK get the shaft?!

Style
    MMA
    I know Johnson hits like a mofo, but so does Barboza, and Khabib seemed to walk through him so I think that bad weight cut he had against Johnson may have had something to do with him getting wobbled.

If he continues to cut weight right, he's more of a nightmare for Conor than I originally thought.(if that ever transpires)

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    I miss Bufalo Wild Wings. We watched Couture take the title from Silvia there, when you could only spot a few Tapout t-shirts Lol.

If someone opened one over here it'd be a gold mine! How come there's one in Dubai and Saudi, but Ireland & the UK get the shaft?!
    Dang, I hate to act old and everything but wasn't it nice when you could go in public and you were the only one with a Tapout shirt and no one else knew what it was?

Before that Tapout guys had that show where they traveled around looking for fighters to sponsor.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    *sigh*, all I wanted for Xmas was for Roiderella to lose her title. That being said, she actually showed significant composure in not running out of steam quickly, as I was sure she was going to do if it went past the 2nd round. We now know that yes, Justino can fight in the champion rounds. I like her a bit more now, although her blatant cheating makes it impossible to ever be a fan of hers.

Khabib is a monster. He would obliterate MacGregor. Toss-up between him and Ferguson.
    Cyborg isn't going to ever lose in the current women's division. It's not just because of her roids, although that obviously helps. It's because she's the only real beast fighter in that division. I have yet to see even ONE other female (?) fighter that could stand on even ground against her.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Cyborg isn't going to ever lose in the current women's division. It's not just because of her roids, although that obviously helps. It's because she's the only real beast fighter in that division. I have yet to see even ONE other female (?) fighter that could stand on even ground against her.

What are your feelings on Megan Anderson?

Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Dang, I hate to act old and everything but wasn't it nice when you could go in public and you were the only one with a Tapout shirt and no one else knew what it was?

Before that Tapout guys had that show where they traveled around looking for fighters to sponsor.
    I've never actually owned one lol, but do remember a time when you did see one it was safe to assume the person was either a hard-core fan, or at least trained.

Didn't seem to last too long!

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    I've never actually owned one lol, but do remember a time when you did see one it was safe to assume the person was either a hard-core fan, or at least trained.

Didn't seem to last too long!
    1999?

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    I don't know what the hell happened to my favorite streaming site but here you can get to the fights.
    https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Cris...art_1/10203748
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    1999?
    Yeah, '96-'99. Around that time frame. Back when, if someone said something about an omoplata or Darce Choke while watching a fight, you knew that they trained too. Now days every kid yells that **** out at UFC fights just because they heard Joe Rogan say it in a fight.

I'm gonna stop, I'm starting to sound like my father in law bitching about the good ole days. :D
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Yeah, '96-'99. Around that time frame. Back when, if someone said something about an omoplata or Darce Choke while watching a fight, you knew that they trained too. Now days every kid yells that **** out at UFC fights just because they heard Joe Rogan say it in a fight.

I'm gonna stop, I'm starting to sound like my father in law bitching about the good ole days. :D
    Yup, and then when you try talking about today's fight people look at you like you're an armchair coach when you start to do a fight analysis outside your normal circles.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last