How to escape a Von Flue choke

Can someone provide me with tips on how to escape a von flue choke. I couldn't find any on youtube as they show guillotine defense into von flue chokes. The natural way to get out of it is to let go of the guillotine choke. I saw my opponent going for the von flue so I let goes as I was being pushed to my back but by then he had wrapped his arms around me like a seat belt and drove his shoulder into my throat and then rotated to apply the choke. How can I escape from this or prevent? I let go out the guillotine choke fairly quickly but it didn't help.His arms around me prevented me from rotating out of the von flue. Thanks

Style
    GJJ, Wrestling, Kyokushin
    Can't find any information other than to let go of guillotine as soon as opponent goes into side control position.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Any technique that's locked up gives little options to escape...

That said I can simplify a strategy for you: BJJ is about the hips. Whats happening in youre focusing on your hands and opponents neck for a choke rather than the position of your hips. Von Flue (or any arm triangle variant) are great counters to guillotines attempted from poor hip position. First and foremost for a good guillotine is good hip position- after that its just details. The problem with your guillotine isn't your hands but rather your hips as your opponent has to defeat them to get into position to do the choke in the first place. As you begin to put your hips in better positions you'll find your opponents passing options are significantly less until they're non existent. Simply put, I would wager you're attempting guillotines from positions of poor positional dominance (for example, are your hips free, are you on your side, etc?)

That's the long winded version of "don't get in it..."

Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by boldeagle67 View Post
    Can't find any information other than to let go of guillotine as soon as opponent goes into side control position.
    You have to let go the guillotine before the opponent goes into side control.

Style
    GJJ, Wrestling, Kyokushin
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I stand corrected.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post

^^^^^That. Be careful though, some people will lock your arm in the position.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    ^^^^^That. Be careful though, some people will lock your arm in the position.
    Yeah this is what happen to me. I let go as he was pushing me to the matt and I let go but all in one motion he wrapped his arms around me pushed back and drove his shoulder into my throat as I let go. He rotated and I tapped. Maybe I'll look up proper guillotine techniques which will prevent the von flue . I've only been rolling 4 months

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by mckinney View Post
    Yeah this is what happen to me. I let go as he was pushing me to the matt and I let go but all in one motion he wrapped his arms around me pushed back and drove his shoulder into my throat as I let go. He rotated and I tapped. Maybe I'll look up proper guillotine techniques which will prevent the von flue . I've only been rolling 4 months
    Very basic mistake, always angle your hip against the rotation away from the head (If you have your opponents head on your left side then tilt your right hip up). If he does pass then hip escape away to free your arm. Which was mentioned before.

Style
    street

MMA

Cushingvs Bryant was basically a clinic that was put on by Cushing on how to control afight, use the jab, and fight your own fight. Iíve seen him fight a few times in person and he is going to be great ifhe stays focused.He fights just likeRoy did back in the day.Which makessince due to his training.

Davisvs James ended in a TKO in the first round and was pretty entertaining towatch. Davis is a beast and is very wellrounded with a wrestling background and boxing.