Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last
  1. #11
    scipio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Slough
    Posts
    1,050
    Style
    Ex-Karate
    3
    Bit of a shame really, would have been fun to see him get his arse kicked. Wonder if he tipped the cops off as a way of not being made to cry by a girl.

  2. #12
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,793
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Bit of a shame really, would have been fun to see him get his arse kicked. Wonder if he tipped the cops off as a way of not being made to cry by a girl.
    I doubt it. He was getting paid to fight(which was part of the problem), and he back tracked on his initial statement some. My best guess is that either the SAC in Florida is really zealous about protecting their turf, or more likely someone else dropped a dime on them. As much as I love Bullshido and McDojo life, these sorts of sites/groups attract more than their fair share of trolls. It only takes one troll who wants to see the even fail to pick up a phone and make a claim of an unsanctioned event taking place. Call it whatever they want, and claim it is as legal and above board as they want, when both fighters are being paid to fight, and spectators are charged a gate fee, it is an unsanctioned event.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

    "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

  3. #13
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,879
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    I doubt it. He was getting paid to fight(which was part of the problem), and he back tracked on his initial statement some. My best guess is that either the SAC in Florida is really zealous about protecting their turf, or more likely someone else dropped a dime on them. As much as I love Bullshido and McDojo life, these sorts of sites/groups attract more than their fair share of trolls. It only takes one troll who wants to see the even fail to pick up a phone and make a claim of an unsanctioned event taking place. Call it whatever they want, and claim it is as legal and above board as they want, when both fighters are being paid to fight, and spectators are charged a gate fee, it is an unsanctioned event.
    They should have called Kimbo Slice's old crew and took it to Miami. The police were even going to those fights as security outside the area to make sure no one got killed.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  4. #14
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,643
    This is bullshit, since when does Florida actively stop stupidity?? Has there ever actually been a male vs female MMA fight?? And no I don't count trannies.

  5. #15
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,879
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    This is bullshit, since when does Florida actively stop stupidity?? Has there ever actually been a male vs female MMA fight?? And no I don't count trannies.
    It's pretty shocking actually. Typically we encourage the stupid and usually make it worse.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  6. #16
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    2,793
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    This is bullshit, since when does Florida actively stop stupidity?? Has there ever actually been a male vs female MMA fight?? And no I don't count trannies.
    First question... I have no clue. The claim is that they did here.

    Second question, yes, but not in the US where apparently sanctioning is a problem:


    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

    "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

  7. #17
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    5,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    First question... I have no clue. The claim is that they did here.

    Second question, yes, but not in the US where apparently sanctioning is a problem:


    I can't imagine why the athletic commission wouldn't want to sanction such a thing. It's almost as if watching a man punch a woman in the face would be somehow unsettling.

  8. #18
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    7,073
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I can't imagine why the athletic commission wouldn't want to sanction such a thing. It's almost as if watching a man punch a woman in the face would be somehow unsettling.
    You forget - she was asking for it.

  9. #19
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,990
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    You forget - she was asking for it.
    Well, I mean, if they specified on the card that she'd let dinner get cold, I'm sure it would be OK.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMechanic
    Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.

  10. #20
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,839
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    1
    Jesus, this thread could turn into a hotbed of misogyny. Especially if I show up.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Page 2 of 8 First 123456 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in