Page 26 of 26 First ... 162223242526
  1. #251

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,897
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Can you even imagine the level of frustration they live with on a day-to-day basis, wanting to be something it's really biologically impossible to be ? You can cut, fix, and take hormones, but in reality, it just doesn't work (yet).


    No wonder so much anger and frustration is out there from some parts of the community.

    I call bullshit on this. I've known too many transsexuals in my life. These kids these days are full of themselves.

  2. #252
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    22,389
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I call bullshit on this. I've known too many transsexuals in my life. These kids these days are full of themselves.
    The context is "kids these days who are...confused as to their...orientation/identity etc.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  3. #253

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,897
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The context is "kids these days who are...confused as to their...orientation/identity etc.


    ...and they are different from those previous generations how?

    Seriously I feel for those who are going through gender dysphoria, but a lot of these guys aren't going through that. IMO it's a trend. Just like, in early 2000's, being gay or bisexual was a thing. What most of these kids are looking for is a way to rebel against "The Man".

  4. #254
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    22,389
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    ...and they are different from those previous generations how?

    Seriously I feel for those who are going through gender dysphoria, but a lot of these guys aren't going through that. IMO it's a trend. Just like, in early 2000's, being gay or bisexual was a thing. What most of these kids are looking for is a way to rebel against "The Man".
    Our whole culture is much changed.

    Sure, no problem with your last paragraph.

    I would suggest they are also being exploited in some ways as yet another identity group. But maybe that's a kind of chicken and egg problem ?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #255

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    24,897
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Our whole culture is much changed.

    Sure, no problem with your last paragraph.

    I would suggest they are also being exploited in some ways as yet another identity group. But maybe that's a kind of chicken and egg problem ?
    Your point is so spot on. Hell this has only happened in the last 6 years or so.


    My theory is the social media aspect. You tell 1000 people (which is a lot easier to do nowadays) and you get 10 people to listen to your plight (That's a 1% conversion). They tell 200 like minded people and all of a sudden it becomes a thing.

  6. #256
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,515
    Style
    Jits
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I would suggest they are also being exploited in some ways as yet another identity group.
    While they are whining about gender issues and acting silly at panels/conferences they are not doing anything against capitalism. As an old commie around here once said, they are more worried about gays getting married than about gays making ends meet.

  7. #257
    anthracite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    6,646
    Style
    judo hiatus
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    While they are whining about gender issues and acting silly at panels/conferences they are not doing anything against capitalism. As an old commie around here once said, they are more worried about gays getting married than about gays making ends meet.
    That last sentence....the last four words.

  8. #258
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    22,389
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    That last sentence....the last four words.
    Scissoring?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #259
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    16,917
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Scissoring?
    Butt 2 Butt back n forth forever.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

  10. #260
    kimjonghng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,429
    Style
    cultural appropriation
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    ...and they are different from those previous generations how?

    Seriously I feel for those who are going through gender dysphoria, but a lot of these guys aren't going through that. IMO it's a trend. Just like, in early 2000's, being gay or bisexual was a thing. What most of these kids are looking for is a way to rebel against "The Man".
    Your last paragraph hits the nail on the fucking head.

    There was a time when gender dysphoria was considered to have biological components and as a mental illness completely and that allowed people with it to get the help they need. Now people are trying to say its a social construct and make up new labels, which undermines the whole factor of how gender dysphoria can **** people up. A friend of mine lost his best friend to gender dysphoria mixed with depression and being rejected by their family for being as they were. I've worked with trans people when I was at uni when the subject became a topic of interest to try (and in my opinion, I failed) to try to show it in a narrative way that would capture it best in a short animated piece. I've sat in on gender clinics and seen some very desperate people trying to fix something they feel is broken and theirs some agony in those people, and I truly feel for them that now people are using their pain to and appropriating their suffering as a play thing that will only hurt them further. There's a reason its in the DSM, because it can cause a lot of problems for peoples functionality and thats what they need help with, however that is.

    Then again I also know the far opposite who think 'therapy fixes everything, even perverts like gays and trannies' as a guy I know put it from work. Then again I suppose we still stigmatize mental illness a lot even today.

    We're a strange bunch to be worrying about other peoples genitals and what position they pee from... As long as you're not trying to shove your junk into a child, someone whose unable to consent, or an animal, I really dont see what apparatus you have or what position you pee from as mattering too much.

    Unless its competitive sports then I get irritated.

Page 26 of 26 First ... 162223242526

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in