Page 26 of 26 First ... 162223242526

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Can you even imagine the level of frustration they live with on a day-to-day basis, wanting to be something it's really biologically impossible to be ? You can cut, fix, and take hormones, but in reality, it just doesn't work (yet).

No wonder so much anger and frustration is out there from some parts of the community.

I call bullshit on this. I've known too many transsexuals in my life. These kids these days are full of themselves.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I call bullshit on this. I've known too many transsexuals in my life. These kids these days are full of themselves.
    The context is "kids these days who are...confused as to their...orientation/identity etc.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    The context is "kids these days who are...confused as to their...orientation/identity etc.

...and they are different from those previous generations how?

Seriously I feel for those who are going through gender dysphoria, but a lot of these guys aren't going through that. IMO it's a trend. Just like, in early 2000's, being gay or bisexual was a thing. What most of these kids are looking for is a way to rebel against "The Man".

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ

Seriously I feel for those who are going through gender dysphoria, but a lot of these guys aren't going through that. IMO it's a trend. Just like, in early 2000's, being gay or bisexual was a thing. What most of these kids are looking for is a way to rebel against "The Man".
    Our whole culture is much changed.

Sure, no problem with your last paragraph.

I would suggest they are also being exploited in some ways as yet another identity group. But maybe that's a kind of chicken and egg problem ?

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Our whole culture is much changed.

Sure, no problem with your last paragraph.

I would suggest they are also being exploited in some ways as yet another identity group. But maybe that's a kind of chicken and egg problem ?
    Your point is so spot on. Hell this has only happened in the last 6 years or so.

My theory is the social media aspect. You tell 1000 people (which is a lot easier to do nowadays) and you get 10 people to listen to your plight (That's a 1% conversion). They tell 200 like minded people and all of a sudden it becomes a thing.

Style
    Jits
    I would suggest they are also being exploited in some ways as yet another identity group.
    While they are whining about gender issues and acting silly at panels/conferences they are not doing anything against capitalism. As an old commie around here once said, they are more worried about gays getting married than about gays making ends meet.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    While they are whining about gender issues and acting silly at panels/conferences they are not doing anything against capitalism. As an old commie around here once said, they are more worried about gays getting married than about gays making ends meet.
    That last sentence....the last four words.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    That last sentence....the last four words.
    Scissoring?

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Scissoring?
    Butt 2 Butt back n forth forever.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    cultural appropriation

Your last paragraph hits the nail on the fucking head.

There was a time when gender dysphoria was considered to have biological components and as a mental illness completely and that allowed people with it to get the help they need. Now people are trying to say its a social construct and make up new labels, which undermines the whole factor of how gender dysphoria can **** people up. A friend of mine lost his best friend to gender dysphoria mixed with depression and being rejected by their family for being as they were. I've worked with trans people when I was at uni when the subject became a topic of interest to try (and in my opinion, I failed) to try to show it in a narrative way that would capture it best in a short animated piece. I've sat in on gender clinics and seen some very desperate people trying to fix something they feel is broken and theirs some agony in those people, and I truly feel for them that now people are using their pain to and appropriating their suffering as a play thing that will only hurt them further. There's a reason its in the DSM, because it can cause a lot of problems for peoples functionality and thats what they need help with, however that is.

Then again I also know the far opposite who think 'therapy fixes everything, even perverts like gays and trannies' as a guy I know put it from work. Then again I suppose we still stigmatize mental illness a lot even today.

We're a strange bunch to be worrying about other peoples genitals and what position they pee from... As long as you're not trying to shove your junk into a child, someone whose unable to consent, or an animal, I really dont see what apparatus you have or what position you pee from as mattering too much.

Unless its competitive sports then I get irritated.

Page 26 of 26 First ... 162223242526