Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Do your own research

Hi everyone..new member. Wanted to take this opportunity to give everyone a congrats. A site with this many members actually practicing the arts..good work! For years now..while research various things on various arts and instructors..this site always comes up. Ive looked at it a few times..chuckled a bit and moved on. Banter in here is comical sometimes. Its inevitable that people online are quick to judge..are emphatic about tbeir opinions and wanna be heard. Its online. In person a certain etiquette is present that seems to not be necessary in forums. Probably because the threat of being punched in the face doesnt exist online. Lots of speculation in here..lots of art vs art convo. Lots of "he aint nuthin till he's had an mma match" stuff. In reality..an mma match would be a blessing compared to some arenas people fight in. The brutality of these arenas is unfathomable. Theres a few categories of martial artist out there.
    1: spiritual only..likes the mindset a relaxed pursuit offers. These students help keep the lights on.
    2: physical only.."taekwondos kicks are faster than karates..so taekwondo wins out." Had a squabble or two in a bar and are now an authority.
    3: wannabes..hang out online, seen a real fight once..never had one. "Doesnt like confrontation" of any kind.
    4: combat oriented..the real deal. They train hard..train for real..and have little patience for those that dont.
    You all know where you belong. Own it. Talk all you like, until youve trained with someone..you dont know sh#$. Can we agree on that? Do your own research and make a commitment to going to see someone in person..after showing watcha got..talk all you want. Till then, we might as well keep watching "roadhouse" and sharing jello shots. Keep training and keep up the great work!

Style
    Judo and HEMA
    So, I know you are new here, but something you may want to check out is the sections on investigations and the 'dojo review' guidelines, particularly in the areas of aliveness.

Recognize that this forum is not a good area for letting people believe what they want to believe or anything of that nature if they then start trying to tell others about it.

We don't "ALL" agree on ANYTHING, but most of the long term members are willing to have a rational discussion about anything. Just realize that in the age of the internet, sources are king, and pic, vid or it didn't happen is the standard assumption.

Welcome to Bullshido.

Ohh, yeah, I also think this is about to get moved as I am pretty sure it is the wrong forum, but I am not a mod so... whatevs.

Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    Ohh, yeah, I also think this is about to get moved
    I suggest Trollshido.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bichslap View Post
    Hi everyone..new member. Wanted to take this opportunity to give everyone a congrats. A site with this many members actually practicing the arts..good work! For years now..while research various things on various arts and instructors..this site always comes up. Ive looked at it a few times..chuckled a bit and moved on. Banter in here is comical sometimes. Its inevitable that people online are quick to judge..are emphatic about tbeir opinions and wanna be heard. Its online. In person a certain etiquette is present that seems to not be necessary in forums. Probably because the threat of being punched in the face doesnt exist online. Lots of speculation in here..lots of art vs art convo. Lots of "he aint nuthin till he's had an mma match" stuff. In reality..an mma match would be a blessing compared to some arenas people fight in. The brutality of these arenas is unfathomable. Theres a few categories of martial artist out there.
    1: spiritual only..likes the mindset a relaxed pursuit offers. These students help keep the lights on.
    2: physical only.."taekwondos kicks are faster than karates..so taekwondo wins out." Had a squabble or two in a bar and are now an authority.
    3: wannabes..hang out online, seen a real fight once..never had one. "Doesnt like confrontation" of any kind.
    4: combat oriented..the real deal. They train hard..train for real..and have little patience for those that dont.
    You all know where you belong. Own it. Talk all you like, until youve trained with someone..you dont know sh#$. Can we agree on that? Do your own research and make a commitment to going to see someone in person..after showing watcha got..talk all you want. Till then, we might as well keep watching "roadhouse" and sharing jello shots. Keep training and keep up the great work!
    Your user name sucks. Welcome to the site bitch. A little more about yourself please. Where do you "belong"?

Anticipating move to YMAS.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I suggest Trollshido.
    We can just leave it here for now.

MABS ----------> YMAS
    Violation: **** Thread.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    GJJ, Wrestling, Kyokushin
    Hello Bichslap, welcome to Bullshido.

Your profile says absolutely nothing about your background. Would you care to tell us a little bit about that?

Style
    Judo
    Twice now, my life has been completely changed by a post on Bullshido.

Style
    GJJ, Wrestling, Kyokushin
    What are these arenas where the brutality is unfathomable? Please enlighten us.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by boldeagle67 View Post
    My bedroom, my kitchen, and the most brutal arena of all, my toilet.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    Quote Originally Posted by boldeagle67 View Post
    PitFighting.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last