Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by Falenay View Post
    This way you have the belt crossed at your back and the knot opens quite easily.
    I tie my belt this way, I want my belt to become untied as soon as possible, especially for rolling.

Style
    Judo
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I tie my belt this way, I want my belt to become untied as soon as possible, especially for [s]rolling[/s] competition.
    Fixed it for you :P To be fair, my stamina sucks so much that I would like to have it untied faster, but I'm not giving in...yet.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Falenay View Post
    This way you have the belt crossed at your back and the knot opens quite easily. I like the Kata-Version much better, i.e. no crossing, and double-secured with ends tuck in between the belt layers. Esp. for rolling.
    OMG, THANK YOU! It was bugging me so much, but I thought to myself, don't say it don't say it, you're just being an asshole.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    OMG, THANK YOU! It was bugging me so much, but I thought to myself, don't say it don't say it, you're just being an asshole.
    I tie mine kata style because it's smoother and looks better who cares whether the knot comes undone easily or not that's going to happen with a new belt no matter what you do.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ, Judo
    Soooo, this is my Professor, not me. I personally don't tie my belt this way however, let's not forget the context of the video. It's for the beginner. I must admit that when I first started Judo (many, many years ago) that this is how I tied my belt. Over the years, I've found other ways to tie it. I agree with BKR. I like the smoother look.

Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It's just not AdGrap material, even though I think purples are the worst offenders, next to newb white belts.
    For instance:

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Meh, I get kind of anal when it comes to belt tying. According to the Prof there Rickson Gracie doesn't tie his belt right.
    That's why it took him so long to get his red belt...

Page 2 of 2 First 12