Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

Style
    Bjj
    I dunno it seems alot easier to prove just by sailing around the world.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    I dunno it seems alot easier to prove just by sailing around the world.
    According to Flat Earthers you aren't going "around" a globe but navigating on a flat plane around the continents.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Instead of rockets why not Paraglide to 15,000 ft? You can see the curvature from there pretty decently.

“I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    According to Flat Earthers you aren't going "around" a globe but navigating on a flat plane around the continents.
    So that's how they explain that.
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Earth is flat, relatively speaking. Difference between the highest peak and lowest point of the oceans is less than 0.05% of the circumference. IIRC, that's a couple hundred times "flatter" than the surface of an orange. So, yeah, if you shrunk Earth to the size of an orange, it would feel to you like holding a big smooth glass ball.

Unfortunately, you need actual science to determine that.

This guy is a hero, of sorts - he will be redefining flat, come Saturday afternoon.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Earth is flat, relatively speaking. Difference between the highest peak and lowest point of the oceans is less than 0.05% of the circumference. IIRC, that's a couple hundred times "flatter" than the surface of an orange. So, yeah, if you shrunk Earth to the size of an orange, it would feel to you like holding a big smooth glass ball.

Unfortunately, you need actual science to determine that.

This guy is a hero, of sorts - he will be redefining flat, come Saturday afternoon.
    Mud puddles are flat. I see what you did.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Can't he just use one of those weather balloons they claim hold up satellites?

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Can't he just use one of those weather balloons they claim hold up satellites?
    That's been done before, and it worked.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Walters
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    seems a few years ago he had an issue with the parachute deployment and shredding.
    Ha, he uses the same intro graphic as Holy Moment.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    My headline pretty much says it all. This story smells like death:
    https://apnews.com/9d8e5e8e9245412ab...ver-ghost-town
    Did he really just say Eval Knievel was "average" and stole his look from Elvis? He must be referencing this quote:
    I guess I thought I was Elvis Presley but I'll tell ya something. All Elvis did was stand on a stage and play a guitar. He never fell off on that pavement at no 80 mph.
    He doesn't seem too bright, more like a stuntman with a new version of shooting yourself out of a cannon...rockets, but without all the science. It's worth noting that Knieval's infamous Snake River failure was largely a fault in his own steam-powered rocket cycle.

I hope this dummy's steam powered rocket is well insulated and pressurized or he's going to have some issues with the temperature and pressure drop as he ascends into the troposphere. Heat and pressure are important for steam power, and he's going to run out of both quickly at 500 mph...

I expect his parachute apparatus to ice up, causing him to fall to his death.

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last