Style
    deleteddeleteddeleted

Steve Stillwell of Blue Valley Bushidokan - Possible fraud? Kansas City, MO

I have been training here for the past six years. I have learned nothing but a few basic techniques, and have done almost no sparring. Nothing at that dojo makes any sense. Steve would often use up half of the class time to tell his life stories, complain about his wife, etc. He not only does this with the adults, but I have seen it happen with the kids as well. He also constantly makes claims that he has been in "nationally televised fights" according to what he says in person and on his website. (its not letting me post links) Sometimes he didn't even teach. He would have someone lower ranked than him teach us, and usually those people did not know what they were doing. Things were going pretty steady until around mid-september 2017. Steve flat out banned me from sparring for no reason. He also verbally abused me in front of several other people. He said things like "you are the most disrespectful student I have ever had" and also said some swear words that I do not want to mention here. At that dojo, the only people they care about is the brand new people, so they can keep them coming and get more money. The final nail in the coffin for me was a couple days ago, on Friday the 17th. For no good reason, he kicked out the one instructor there that was actually kind to me and actually cared. The way he has treated me and the people close to me has really opened my eyes to the possibility that the whole system is Bullshido.

The entire system (Bushidokan) seems extremely fishy. Other than this dojo and a couple other locations in the Kansas City area, there is a dojo in Missoula, Montana and another one in Wyoming. There is little information about it online, the website of the dojo is pretty much the only thing. However, I did find a cached version of bushidokan.net, the website of their martial arts system. It has been down for years. Other than those two places, there is no other information about it online. (its not letting me post links) Half of the links on this old site don't even work. They have an old forum, but there is nothing interesting on it. They also have a list of all the black belts in the system: (its not letting me post this link)
    I also have plenty of friends who have been training here with me and they can share their experiences as well. Learning nothing but the same basic techniques for six years from uneducated instructors has had little to no benefit on me. Let me know what you guys think of this.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57547

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125919

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95239

What you have posted does not resemble the beginnings of an investigation.

Bushidokan shows every evidence of being an ineffectual art trained with full compliance, and should be of no interest to someone who wishes to acquire martial ability. That does not detract from the prior sentence.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by cybervision View Post
    I have been training here for the past six years. I have learned nothing but a few basic techniques, and have done almost no sparring. Nothing at that dojo makes any sense. Steve would often use up half of the class time to tell his life stories, complain about his wife, etc. He not only does this with the adults, but I have seen it happen with the kids as well. He also constantly makes claims that he has been in "nationally televised fights" according to what he says in person and on his website. (its not letting me post links) Sometimes he didn't even teach. He would have someone lower ranked than him teach us, and usually those people did not know what they were doing. Things were going pretty steady until around mid-september 2017. Steve flat out banned me from sparring for no reason. He also verbally abused me in front of several other people. He said things like "you are the most disrespectful student I have ever had" and also said some swear words that I do not want to mention here. At that dojo, the only people they care about is the brand new people, so they can keep them coming and get more money. The final nail in the coffin for me was a couple days ago, on Friday the 17th. For no good reason, he kicked out the one instructor there that was actually kind to me and actually cared. The way he has treated me and the people close to me has really opened my eyes to the possibility that the whole system is Bullshido.

The entire system (Bushidokan) seems extremely fishy. Other than this dojo and a couple other locations in the Kansas City area, there is a dojo in Missoula, Montana and another one in Wyoming. There is little information about it online, the website of the dojo is pretty much the only thing. However, I did find a cached version of bushidokan.net, the website of their martial arts system. It has been down for years. Other than those two places, there is no other information about it online. (its not letting me post links) Half of the links on this old site don't even work. They have an old forum, but there is nothing interesting on it. They also have a list of all the black belts in the system: (its not letting me post this link)
    I also have plenty of friends who have been training here with me and they can share their experiences as well. Learning nothing but the same basic techniques for six years from uneducated instructors has had little to no benefit on me. Let me know what you guys think of this.
    You learned near nothing but stayed for six years?

Mods please consider a move to YMAS so this snowflake can get some appropriate response.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57547

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=125919

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95239

What you have posted does not resemble the beginnings of an investigation.

Bushidokan shows every evidence of being an ineffectual art trained with full compliance, and should be of no interest to someone who wishes to acquire martial ability. That does not detract from the prior sentence.
    Sorry Joe, Ermghoti came hard with evidence. I am moving it cause he is correct, and has the proper motivations. Shame on you for wanting to trounce a noobie.

Shame.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    all things in Moderation
    MABS----------> YMAS

(Ok Joe! Ready set GO!!!)
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    judo hiatus
    Quote Originally Posted by cybervision View Post

You were a student for six years and suddenly banned from sparring for no reason? Bullshit. Usually not being allowed to spar is the result of not enough experience (noobie), lack of self control or you're a dirty fighter lacking self discipline. Maybe poor personal hygiene.

Maybe Scrapper can weigh in on Stillwell as his niece was a student of his back in 2005. Perhaps OP could ring up Jim Harrison and pitch a bitch about the poor instruction and practices of one of his godans.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...l=1#post720580

Style
    all things in Moderation
    I can think of many situations where one could continue to train in a school which they are not happy with. Having parents paying for it would be a the top of the list.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    judo hiatus

maybe he's not as nice now (-:

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You learned near nothing but stayed for six years?

Mods please consider a move to YMAS so this snowflake can get some appropriate response.
    Seems pretty straightforward. He's fine with training a useless art for years, as long as nobody yells at him.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    judo hiatus
    OP's last activity here was 4:19 so he/she has read the responses. Gutless wonder. I do hope Scrapper weighs in even though it's been more than a decade from the post linked earlier.