Page 5 of 5 First 12345
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Guys, I don't think we should be dismissing the World Open Weight Sparring Champion so easily.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Now you said that it said this:

However, when I followed your advice and punched it into google translate I got this:

Point three I would contend is defeated by a casual viewing of Live Leaks.

Point four seems to entirely contradict the assertion that you made.
    I said he has a degree in philosophy and psychology

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo salvatore View Post
    So he has studied how to brainwash people? That explains everything.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo salvatore View Post
    You stated he was great at sparring.

Your logic was shot down by Felaney.

You claimed you were quoting his MMA coach and offered a link to the front page of a website with nothing to do with Alex Kostic.

I asked you for a direct source.

You provided one that contradicted your sparring claim.

Now for some reason you are shifting to his philosophy degree. Philosophy doesn't make one a better fighter, so it is irrelevant to the discussion.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    You stated he was great at sparring.

Your logic was shot down by Felaney.

You claimed you were quoting his MMA coach and offered a link to the front page of a website with nothing to do with Alex Kostic.

I asked you for a direct source.

You provided one that contradicted your sparring claim.

Now for some reason you are shifting to his philosophy degree. Philosophy doesn't make one a better fighter, so it is irrelevant to the discussion.
    To be fair, in the second point there is this:

He practices MMA with me and has been[=done?!] very well in [=with?!] his 48 years of age in my advanced group (even dominating the majority).
    So there is a copy-paste facebook post from six years ago that stated that the buddy of one guy dominates the majority of his students despite his age in sparring.

What is made clear as well, though, is that Kostic has had a role of teaching there at the same time and that he was much older than the rest of the group. This could show e.g. that he was respected within that group, leading to a certain behaviour during sparring, that the guys in that dojo are subpar, that he himself is above par, all of these points together, or something else.

What it definitely does not show is that his training methods or style are objectively good for MMA training.

The things Lihner learned from Kostic other than articulating stuff (which does not shed a good light on him as the superior instructor he claims to be, tbh) or mental stuff speak for a solid background in Kickboxing (push-kick, side-kick, spinning back kick) rather than anything else, which makes sense given Lihner's own stronger background in grappling styles (Judo, BJJ).

Still, all this given that the whole post is more than back-rubbing among buddies.

Style
    Combat Sambo | Pramek
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alex and the one behind MMAcoach.net, Mark Lajhner both run clubs in Belgrade, Serbia. I couldn't find a good address for Alex's gym, but the pictures of the facilities they're operating out of look pretty similar so it could be they are both operating out of the same location. Alex has said before on Facebook that there is an MMA team that operates out of his facility, so it's not all that unreasonable to assume.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345