Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Thread: Jits joints

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    jesus christ piss off and get over yourself

Hahaha, that's pretty rich, Mr n=1 experiment.
    The plural of anecdote isn't data, ergo the singular of anecdotes isn't datum.

You should absolutely get called out for using that term in a bullshit manner.
    It's pretty simple 'round these parts; get over yourself, yourself.

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Good article on things to keep in mind when people say "...it worked for me..."

It is almost inevitable that whenever we post an article critical of the claims being made for a particular treatment, alternative philosophy, or alternative profession, someone in the comments will counter a careful examination of published scientific evidence with an anecdote. Their arguments boils down to, “It worked for me, so all of your scientific evidence and plausibility is irrelevant.”

Both components of this argument are invalid. Even if we grant that a treatment worked for one individual, that does not counter the (carefully observed) experience of all the subjects in the clinical trials. They count too – I would argue they count more because we can verify all the important aspects of their story.

I want to focus, however, on the first part of that statement, the claim that a treatment “worked” for a particular individual. Most people operationally define “worked” as, they took a treatment and then they improved in some way. This, however, is a problematic definition on many levels.
    https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the...for-me-gambit/
    Last edited by ChenPengFi; 11/11/2017 1:11pm at .

Style
    mt/bjj
    There's some gnarly supplements that sponsor Jits guys for this.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234