Page 3 of 34 First 123456713 ... Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    485
    Style
    Bjj
    0
    Ripped from facebook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1733.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	17558  

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1734.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	17559  


  2. #22
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,351
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    You clearly do not understand the difference between a Fundamental right(i.e. one from whence the US Constitution derives it's power and is thus inalienable) and an enumerated right which is derived from the Constitution.
    I do, also, take issue with this language.

    Inalienable rights were not enumerated. Some of them were listed - "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." Realize that Declaration is considered fundamental law, and is incorporated at the very beginning of USC (http://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?p...dence&edition=).

    Enumerated rights are fundamental rights that were so important, that the Founders decided soon after the Constitutional Convention that they needed to be explicitly listed. And, then they threw in the 9th Amendment and 10th, to make sure it was understood that there were many other rights that they couldn't get to, because there would be an ink shortage. The 14th later also attempted to deal with this concept.

  3. #23
    Evergrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, California
    Posts
    2,063
    Style
    Kyokushin
    What an absolute shitstain on humanity that fucker was.

    I feel for those poor people.

    Fucking hell, it does seem like every damned day now.

  4. #24
    Evergrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, California
    Posts
    2,063
    Style
    Kyokushin
    1
    A L S O

    https://www.snopes.com/texas-church-shooter-antifa/

    Snopes, do you speak it

  5. #25
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,351
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
    Facebook post by Baxter Dmitry. From Russia, with love. Easy call.

    ON THE OTHER HAND: Snopes *used* to make a big deal about "hey, we could be totally wrong on this, it's up to you, dear reader, to decide." They've opted for the more rhetorical "We dont expect anyone to accept us as the ultimate authority on any topic," these days. The bigger they grow, the harder they fall. When Snopes falls, **** is going sideways. Not if, when.

    Point being: I think Snopes is right on this, pretty obviously. But, I'm concerned that "let me Snopes that for you," is becoming a thing. Which makes it a thing to be attacked, and it will be a spectacular attack when it happens.

    Remain vigilant.

  6. #26
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,234
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Facebook post by Baxter Dmitry. From Russia, with love. Easy call.

    ON THE OTHER HAND: Snopes *used* to make a big deal about "hey, we could be totally wrong on this, it's up to you, dear reader, to decide." They've opted for the more rhetorical "We dont expect anyone to accept us as the ultimate authority on any topic," these days. The bigger they grow, the harder they fall. When Snopes falls, **** is going sideways. Not if, when.

    Point being: I think Snopes is right on this, pretty obviously. But, I'm concerned that "let me Snopes that for you," is becoming a thing. Which makes it a thing to be attacked, and it will be a spectacular attack when it happens.

    Remain vigilant.
    ... and yes the Republicans working for Trump and the Alt-Right are gearing up for a war on fact and truth. Should be kicking off in about ..... 40 minutes... maybe now.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    ... and yes the Republicans working for Trump and the Alt-Right are gearing up for a war on fact and truth. Should be kicking off in about ..... 40 minutes... maybe now.
    I tought they already won that one? Like, well before Trump?

  8. #28
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,234
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    I tought they already won that one? Like, well before Trump?
    They have the Paradise Papers to contend with this wonderful morning. It is going to be war this week. Too much dirt on Kushner, Trump, and Trump appointees.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    485
    Style
    Bjj
    0
    That snopes article was ****. Didnt have alot and said the antifa connection was false but i didnt see any sources proving this (it may be who knows). It also mentions it could be an attack on a person(s) he had issue with or family member.

    I dont buy that, if i have an issue with somone and want to kill them. I will go directly to them, i wont dress in black and gear up for war then murder 26 people in hope that the person i dont like is one of them.

  10. #30
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Driving, which has been repeatedly determined by the USSC to be a Fundamental right is strictly regulated. You have to a license(which requires training and testing), registration, insurance. Various transgressions around vehicular safety and via due process will lose you your fundamental right temporarily and under certain circumstances indefinitely. Does this prevent unlicensed drivers from doing illegal things with automobiles? No, however, said unlicensed drivers meet stronger penalties as well.

    Firearm ownership is by comparison an enumerated right. Yet for some reason certain segments of the populace believe that it should even less regulated than automobiles.
    Which regulations do you think would have prevented this??

Page 3 of 34 First 123456713 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in