Page 19 of 34 First ... 915161718192021222329 ... Last
  1. #181
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,860
    Style
    Mixed
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I don't agree with your premise, but it is interesting. You could firm it up by doing comparisons of photos at similar points in their mass-murdering career. I think every photo you posted is from a different point along the "I'm going to kill a bunch of people, someday," timeline.

    (edit) on review, I see four of them are in fact mugshots, the ones that I referred to as looking drugged.
    Well of course this is just a sample I chose to make my point. I'll let people decide if they want to stare into that particular abyss themselves.

    Here's more to consider (and I'll leave out Breivik because I think I made my point there).

    Lanza always wore that same expression, even as a boy. He's a literal deer in headlights...any photo. He spent his last days in a darkened bedroom with black plastic bags covering the windows, playing FPS games practicing his attack.

    Loughner was a hardcore drug fiend and conspiracy theorist nut who fried his own brain to deal with his fears, before killing. He lived with hate all day, all night.

    James Holmes anxiety-ridden and possibly schizophrenic for the last years of his life before his murders, and just like Lanza, wears the same blank stare most of the time, except for a few crazy faces. He's similar to Lanza in that there was a long history of telling behavior that went unaddressed except for more shrinks and pills. The last shriink was the one he mailed his "package" to, and she reported his homicidal speech to police, who did nothing. He even dialed a crisis hotline before his murders, but was cut off. The system failed again.

    Dylann Roof, needless to say, spelled out his fears for investigators, but most of it was online before the attack. He fears black people and immigrants, and prays for a coming race war when the Alt Right will free him from jail.

    Whitman...is a mystery until you factor in the glioblastoma multiforme tumor and necrosis in his brain. You or I or anyone with that sort of thing might start a murder spree. Or we might just start shitting ourselves and babbling.

    Whitman is the only case you can really sympathize with. It's hard to hate on a soldier that snaps. These two photos are the same guy, before and after he murdered two people, one of whom was also a famous Marine because he "Wouldn’t Talk to Me".



    Last edited by Ice Hole; 11/09/2017 8:48pm at .

  2. #182
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,860
    Style
    Mixed
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Falenay View Post
    Faith Shield, no less. Like tapping into Ki techniques, works for and against those who believe.
    As funny as it seems, the danger of what's in this video is extremely real. I think there are people in this crowd that would kill me for Benny Hinn. Cults really creep me out, no matter what color their koolaid.


  3. #183
    Nutcracker, sweet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,045
    Style
    BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    As funny as it seems, the danger of what's in this video is extremely real. I think there are people in this crowd that would kill me for Benny Hinn. Cults really creep me out, no matter what color their koolaid.


    I know it's only been 39 years, but, facts matter. Jim Jones did NOT poison his flock with Kool-Aid. It was Flavor Aid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavor_Aid

  4. #184
    Evergrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond, California
    Posts
    2,039
    Style
    Kyokushin
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I know it's only been 39 years, but, facts matter. Jim Jones did NOT poison his flock with Kool-Aid. It was Flavor Aid. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavor_Aid
    Well, now we're gettin' to the important meat of the matter!

  5. #185
    ChenPengFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    7,437
    Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    My writing is terrible.

    QFT, for once.

  6. #186
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,311
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    With the best part of three years at the Infantry Training School, MCB Camp Pendleton I saw a lot of drill instructors.
    As a Marine, you might find this interesting. The history buffs here might too.

    http://dataomaha.com/media/news/2014/iwo-jima/

    http://www.omaha.com/columnists/hans...b126f962c.html

    http://www.marines.mil/News/News-Dis...a-flagraisers/
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

  7. #187
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,437
    Style
    xingyi
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martialmallow View Post
    That's a lot, and that's messed up, both the cars and guns.


    My argument was not to debate whether guns were the most dangerous and terrifying thing. Comparing it to cars makes sense, if I was arguing that guns and terrorism is the most logical thing people should be afraid of - but I am not arguing that and I do not think it is true. My point was mearly that true freedom is to be able to be alive, more important than any other 'freedom'. Cars, guns, and anything else that threatens this most basic human right should be moderated or altered to protect life. Doesn't the ownership of powerful guns seem like such a fickle and unimportant thing when compared to the lives of young children at schools who have do not have a right to change gun laws? Is the price of innocent lives really worth the freedom of owning a piece of metal in a locked box?
    I do not think the way is how it should be, not only guns - of course cars included. Measures should be taken to lower car related deaths. The best option right now possibly being robotic cars.
    If only the people okay with sacrificing lives for their guns, were the same people who died from gun related deaths. But sadly that is not the way it is.
    See, here you go. This is exactly where many of us knew you were going. First you have to define basic human rights. You do understand, self defense is a basic human right? You do understand protection of your family is a basic human right? We have laws because of "basic human rights." I have a basic human right to survive. So, using the "basic human right" argument I can take your **** as long as it is about survival.

    True freedom doesn't exist because NO ONE has the correct interpretation. You are using the No True Scott's Man fallacy. This is a form freedom, but this is true freedom.
    Uhmm people who own guns do get shot, killed and maimed. So, you are wrong again.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 11/10/2017 1:40pm at .

  8. #188
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,800
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martialmallow View Post
    That's a lot, and that's messed up, both the cars and guns.


    My argument was not to debate whether guns were the most dangerous and terrifying thing. Comparing it to cars makes sense, if I was arguing that guns and terrorism is the most logical thing people should be afraid of - but I am not arguing that and I do not think it is true. My point was mearly that true freedom is to be able to be alive, more important than any other 'freedom'. Cars, guns, and anything else that threatens this most basic human right should be moderated or altered to protect life. Doesn't the ownership of powerful guns seem like such a fickle and unimportant thing when compared to the lives of young children at schools who have do not have a right to change gun laws? Is the price of innocent lives really worth the freedom of owning a piece of metal in a locked box?
    I do not think the way is how it should be, not only guns - of course cars included. Measures should be taken to lower car related deaths. The best option right now possibly being robotic cars.
    If only the people okay with sacrificing lives for their guns, were the same people who died from gun related deaths. But sadly that is not the way it is.
    Just about any firearm is powerful and overwhelming to the human body.

    Course homemade explosives are too.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #189

    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    15
    Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    See, here you go. This is exactly where many of us knew you were going. First you have to define basic human rights. You do understand, self defense is a basic human right? You do understand protection of your family is a basic human right?
    I do not think that you are protecting your family by supporting guns - as a society without guns is much safer for your family. Therefore logically you're protecting your family by lobbying against guns, and by supporting guns - the opposite effect. I live in Australia, and gun control laws have has been extremely effective. So using the argument that getting rid of guns isn't effective is pure bollocks. Yes I understand that you think defending yourself with a gun is a basic human right, and no I do not agree.
    This is the same argument that guns supporters use as well - therefore this is 'exactly where many of us knew you were going' too.

    Realistically applying gun control laws is safer, and would protect your family more than you ever could.

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    True freedom doesn't exist because NO ONE has the correct interpretation. You are using the No True Scott's Man fallacy. This is a form freedom, but this is true freedom.
    Why is it true freedom though? What is more free about it? Owning guns and having a delusional feeling of safety? Or not owning one, and actually being safer.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Uhmm people who own guns do get shot, killed and maimed. So, you are wrong again.
    Of course, they do - but if only they exclusively did. Then it would be fair.

  10. #190
    Christmas Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    13,863
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Devin Kelley's brushes with the law and the military:
    • A series of legal troubles began in 2012 when he was court-martialled and sentenced to a year in military prison for assaulting his wife and child
    • In the same year Tessa Kelley filed court papers to divorce Kelly, with her wish being speedily granted. There were no children listed in the proceedings.
    • After his jail term ended in 2014, Kelley was demoted in rank and released fom the military with a bad conduct discharge
    • In August 2014 he again appeared in court - this time charged with mistreating, neglecting or being cruel to animals. The case was eventually dismissed

    I might have missed this list earlier. It comes from this BBC article where Tessa Brennaman (kelley's ex) describes her abuse.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41952426
    The former US Air Force airman pleaded guilty in 2013 to hitting, choking and kicking Ms Brennaman, and to fracturing the skull of her young son.
    ...
    In her first interview since Kelley shot and killed 26 people at the First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas on 5 November, Ms Brennaman described how he once threatened to kill her for getting a speeding ticket.
    "He had a gun in his holster right here and he took that gun out and he put it to my temple and he told me, 'Do you want to die? Do you want to die?'" she said.
    Here is the CBS article and video.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tessa-b...rland-springs/
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Page 19 of 34 First ... 915161718192021222329 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in