Page 7 of 31 First ... 3456789101117 ... Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    If it's the video I'm thinking of, Whiteshark was one of the involved parties.
    ... and I am now sure you are correct. JNP felt more right than Scrapper but neither really inspired any confidence.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Koryu
    So it was WhiteShark after all! Thought it was the guy, but my iron memory has been a bit unreliable lately.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-9EtJ6vGE

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    So it was WhiteShark after all! Thought it was the guy, but my iron memory has been a bit unreliable lately.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V-9EtJ6vGE
    That is it. No leg guards like we thought tho.
    Sucks to be wrong but it is nice to know Kintanon is still competing (see his youtube channel).
    Whiteshark looks like so much fun spar.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuristic View Post
    Bob Sapp bullrushed Ernesto Hoost, one of the greatest kickboxers of all time, with wild swinging punches, and beat him twice with the exact same strategy. How on earth would Hoost survive a prime Mike Tyson if he can't handle Sapp? I think K1 fighters are overrated.
    The second fight was fucking fixed. The fight should have been stopped in Hoost's favor something like three times, and then they gave Sapp the TKO as soon as he managed to back Hoost into a corner.

Style
    Kyokushin/BJJ
    They would get their ass handed to them in ANY rule set that allowed full contact face punching.
    Go look at how Fracois Botha did in K1, and get back to me.

Style
    Bjj
    Ok so the op asked if a boxer is outclassed vs a kickboxer now has gone all out saying the opposite will happen. I think he wants it to be true but the odds are stacked against him in that favour. Is a 1 armed boxer going to be more effective than one with 2 arms? Then why would anyone think a person who is restricted to using arms will out do somone who uses arms and legs?

Soon as a kickboxer realises his opponent is only throwing punches he will then proceed to kick the lower body and use pushkicks to keep distance. This is the average scenario. The end game here is, once you have received enough leg kicks to hamper your mobility expect to be smashed from kicks and punches.

Style
    street paddleboarding

Style
    Muay Thai
    We have a WAKO style Kickboxing gym beside our boxing gym so I will actually visit and see if I can dominate them in their own rule set,. I am used to kicks since my TKD days but will only use my boxing for arguments sake. I think they will get shell-shocked by the boxing combos, just like the TKD guys in my club. And with no low kicks allowed I can take my time.
    "And the only sound that's left
    After the ambulances go
    Is Cinderella sweeping up on Desolation Row"

Thank you for proving my point. A journey man in boxing beating a K1 legend - LeBanner. And the second Hoost match was not fixed. Hoost was shaking his head and did not want to continue.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Thank you for proving my point. A journey man in boxing beating a K1 legend - LeBanner. And the second Hoost match was not fixed. Hoost was shaking his head and did not want to continue.
    You sir are a fucking idiot. May I please draw your attention to this thread here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=127279. Specifically this post here http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=1#post2954998 and then remember what comes before Training Methods in the hierarchy.

Do you know or remember?

We have: "___________>training methods>syle".

What comes first? Come on you can do it!
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Page 7 of 31 First ... 3456789101117 ... Last