Page 3 of 27 First 123456713 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    So being surrounded by an angry mob that is spitting on you and hitting you doesn't constitute a "real attack" in your mind? Having easily cowed attackers doesn't make it any less an actual attack. FYI with the specific demographic involved here, passivity, historically speaking, has resulted in the attack escalating until the victim is being beaten with sticks and fists. Like I said, just because the attackers are cowards doesn't make it any less an attack.
    Good thing no rocks were present...

*edit*

Looks like the cop got some rocks tossed his direction.

American cop would have probably pulled out his patrol carbine and...
    Last edited by BKR; 10/23/2017 2:04pm at .
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Here's another one from that day

Article on the incident

read more: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.817681
    Nonetheless, the officer was called in for clarifications."
    read more: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.817681
    Definitely a different culture of Law Enforcement and views on violence in general than here in the States. I have seen police officers pull and aim their sidearm as a method of intimidation more times than I can count,if you count videos, I still need both hands to count the instances witnessed first hand. Quite often over loud voices, wardrobe(possibly skin color or cultural identity those three things are hard to distinguish without honesty from the officer), or harsh language which contained no actual threats.

Criminals must run rampant and all over Law Enforcement over there if the officers are being called in for just drawing their weapon and asking a direct question.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Criminals must run rampant and all over Law Enforcement over there if the officers are being called in for just drawing their weapon and asking a direct question.
    Yeah, sure.

BTW, why these people do not want to serve? Religious objection? They do not seem to be heavily into non violence.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Yeah, sure.

BTW, why these people do not want to serve? Religious objection? They do not seem to be heavily into non violence.
    I'm going to try to write this as neutrally as possible.
    They believe because they dedicate themselves to full time Torah(religious) study for which they gain a stipend from the religious academy where they learn, as well as from the government, 90% property tax reduction and a slew of other governmental assistance that they should be exempted from military as well as national service.

Now some background. Herzl and a famous Rabbi named R' Avrohom Karelitz struck a bargain back when the state was first formed that essentially allowed anyone who wanted to learn full time to apply for an exemption from national service. At the time there were only 1500 such full time learners in the entire nation. Now there are over a half million in Jerusalem alone.

Every Israeli citizen has to perform a minimum time of national service. If you are willing to swear before a court and give up certain rights(like the ability to work in security services and own a firearm) you can forgo military service for other national service(i.e. tearcher's assistant, museum curator, tour guide ect.).

For those that want to have the religious learning exemption from both, they are required to go to a governmental office usually situated in their neighborhood, otherwise in their city, after they turn 16 and before they turn 19 and fill out a form for their exemption. If they fail to do so they may be jailed upon their 19th birthday for draft dodging.

Several times in the last decade the Israeli Supreme Court has ruled that this exemption system is unconstitutional. The most recent was about 6 months ago. On account of this some young people under the direction of a single Rabbi in Jerusalem have refused to fill out their draft exemption forms. Two of them were arrested early last week. So to protest their arrest they essentially held a riot last Thursday. At Thursday's riot, 97 rioters were arrested. Turns out 45 of them were also wanted for draft dodging. So today they held another riot. We have yet to see how many draft dodgers this one nets.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    I'm going to try to write this as neutrally as possible.
    They believe because they dedicate themselves to full time Torah(religious) study for which they gain a stipend from the religious academy where they learn, as well as from the government, 90% property tax reduction and a slew of other governmental assistance that they should be exempted from military as well as national service.

Now some background. Herzl and a famous Rabbi named R' Avrohom Karelitz struck a bargain back when the state was first formed that essentially allowed anyone who wanted to learn full time to apply for an exemption from national service. At the time there were only 1500 such full time learners in the entire nation. Now there are over a half million in Jerusalem alone.

Every Israeli citizen has to perform a minimum time of national service. If you are willing to swear before a court and give up certain rights(like the ability to work in security services and own a firearm) you can forgo military service for other national service(i.e. tearcher's assistant, museum curator, tour guide ect.).

For those that want to have the religious learning exemption from both, they are required to go to a governmental office usually situated in their neighborhood, otherwise in their city, after they turn 16 and before they turn 19 and fill out a form for their exemption. If they fail to do so they may be jailed upon their 19th birthday for draft dodging.

Several times in the last decade the Israeli Supreme Court has ruled that this exemption system is unconstitutional. The most recent was about 6 months ago. On account of this some young people under the direction of a single Rabbi in Jerusalem have refused to fill out their draft exemption forms. Two of them were arrested early last week. So to protest their arrest they essentially held a riot last Thursday. At Thursday's riot, 97 rioters were arrested. Turns out 45 of them were also wanted for draft dodging. So today they held another riot. We have yet to see how many draft dodgers this one nets.
    Thank you for that succinct and well written explanation.

Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Your input as a resident and authority in certain matters is much appreciated.
    Whenever I see a thread like this, I like knowing I can look forward to input like the above.

She does look kind of hot that said.
    She seems to get on like a squaddie anyhow. That's good enough in my book!

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo salvatore View Post
    Whatever,I am just saying that that was not a real attack.
    She's surrounded by a threatening mob of angry men. I'd call that an assault by any definition.

In America, especially in an open carry state, you can get your ass shot for this sort of thing.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i hate the fuckin' hasidem. i see them actively live up to every negative stereotype of jews, it's like they are *trying* to increase antisemitism.
    That might sound a bit harsh, but my wife is Jewish and according to all Hasidim...she's not because she doesn't shave her head, wear a wig, and submit to me in all things. Well, sometimes she wears a wig, but that's just for fun.

And since I'm not Jewish (unless you count Davisian Welsh bloodlines), neither are my two sons, even though they attend Hebrew school and observe Shabbat as well as all the holy days.

Yeah...according to them, my eldest son's Bar Mitzvah is totally illegitimate, so I don't really take their worldview all that seriously. Bigotry is rampant and obvious in their orthodoxy, even amongst themselves they still hold to extremely narrow viewpoints and interpretations about almost everything, which is why they segregate themselves in closed communities.

**** bigots of all stripes, really. Bigots seem to have a love of ganging up and attacking people they think are helpless, whether it's in Israel, India, or the USA.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/23/2017 5:26pm at .

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    She seems to get on like a squaddie anyhow. That's good enough in my book!

Awesome!

Looks like goyim stand a chance too.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That might sound a bit harsh, but my wife is Jewish and according to all Hasidim...
    Just when I was starting to think you had gotten a bad rap you dump this **** on the forum... Where to start... Of the over 500 sects before WWII 153 survived the war, there have been some more divisions since then, but even so, really? Everyone in all 150 sects thinks that? I'm pretty sure that with a google search of "Chabad Lubavitch" you would find at least one(the largest currently) doesn't think that at all... but whatever.

she's not because she doesn't shave her head,
    Only a handful of Chassidic sects believe married women should shave their heads. None of them would consider your wife a married woman... You are talking out of your ass.

wear a wig,
    Again you are talking small sub groups.

and submit to me in all things.
    We are Jews not right wing Christians. The idea of a wife submitting to her husband in all things simply doesn't exist in Judaism.

And since I'm not Jewish (unless you count Davisian Welsh bloodlines), neither are my two sons, even though they attend Hebrew school and observe Shabbat as well as all the holy days.
    Judaism, at least all Orthodox branches, of which Hasidim are one, hold by matrilineal descent. Once again you are talking out of your ass. Here, I give you one up, you or anyone else here can double check this and ask a hasidic scholar live http://www.askmoses.com/

Yeah...according to them, my eldest son's Bar Mitzvah is totally illegitimate, so I don't really take their worldview all that seriously.
    I'm actually starting to wonder if you are trolling at this point. This isn't Catholicism where you have to be confirmed into the faith that a bar mitzvah even really matters. In fact, strictly speaking, the bar mitzvah is for the father not the child. It is when the father says a prayer of thanks that he is no longer responsible for his child's decisions and actions, and absolves himself of his child's sins.

As far as the child, while there are various traditions that have grown up around it. Religiously speaking whether or not those traditions are honored on the child's 13th(for a boy or 12th for a girl) the passage of time has accomplished all that there is to accomplish.

Bigotry is rampant and obvious in their orthodoxy, even amongst themselves they still hold to extremely narrow viewpoints and interpretations about almost everything, which is why they segregate themselves in closed communities.
    Funny you write a patently false and highly bigoted post, and then accuse others of being bigots. Ever think that self segregation into communities may have more to do with needing to be within walking distance of the synagogue than bigotry? Probably never occurred to you.

**** bigots of all stripes, really. Bigots seem to have a love of ganging up and attacking people they think are helpless, whether it's in Israel, India, or the USA.
    Not sure it anatomically possible to do this to yourself, but why don't you go try.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Page 3 of 27 First 123456713 ... Last