Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Christmas Spirit View Post
    Good work...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Playground warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
    A 16 year old TKD black belt had just failed to break 2 adult boards during this tournament, and was crying. Here goes my 12 year old blue belt son at 2 boards. He does 40-50 push ups a day so the results are different..:)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ya4...ew?usp=sharing

- Joe
    Lasik will help as well. But congrats to the 4 eyes.

Don’t ban me mods!!
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    all things in Moderation

Same school
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    all things in Moderation

Still can't find any instructor information...

but I can find video after video of their nonsense and testimonials of their boosted heads and inflated egos.

No training videos and no info on instructors just nonsense, fear mongering and big heads.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Boxing
    Judo winz again...

Training kids to be beasts

Quote Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
    Here goes my 12 year old blue belt son at 2 boards.
    A usefull skill - if you ever get attacked by a pile of lumber...

He does 40-50 push ups a day so the results are different..:)
    No offense meant - he does not really look beastly to me. So skip the KM stuff - feed them and let them do more BWE / weights - or they will end up as paper tigers who might be good in breaking boards but still will be beaten by any random bully who has + 20 pounds of muscle on them...
    Last edited by Detritus667; 12/09/2018 2:08pm at .

Quote Originally Posted by Detritus667 View Post
    A usefull skill - if you ever get attacked by a pile of lumber...
    :D Eveything is possible, so it's better be prepared :D

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Teaching law enforcement is a joke. Never take that as a qualification. I teach Tai Chi to law enforcement that doesn't mean you should send your kids to Tai Chi to learn to defend themselves.

KM is largely a RBSD system based on marketing. Some are good, most are just glorified women's self-defense systems telling you to eye gouge and kick in the balls.

My wife's best friend is a TKD black belt. When I was in college, playing rugby and bouncing at bars she decided to get cocky and talk about how she wasn't worried about self defense due to her TKD black belt. I just said, you think you could beat me up? She said, yep, no problem. So I bet her a case of beer (the standard in college arguments). She agreed. She tried to punch me in the chest, I simply grabbed her and put her in a headlock then sat down. She I was sitting up with her in a head lock and her body was laid out behind. Her face turned red and then she finally gave up. I let her try again multiple times. All ended with me either on top of her, in a RNC behind her, suplex, stuff like that. I just used basic wrestling on her. Case of beer to me, reality check to her.

Don't let your kids think that their TKD is more than it is.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910