Page 41 of 49 First ... 31373839404142434445 ... Last
  1. #401
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,824
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Don't waste your research chops on this. Their are tons and tons and tons of regulations and laws on the books about all kinds of stuff. But the fact of the matter is, you can readily buy this stuff, do what you want with it, and no one gives a **** about it. Sure, if you get pulled over for something else and this stuff is found, someone MAY say something to you about it. Probably not. There is no task force running around checking to see when you mixed up your tanerite and what you did with it.
    No no not at all there ATF agents working Round the Clock to enforce any of sorts of rules about Tannerite...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #402
    Kovacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,267
    Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd postulate how Paddock was the patsy and the real shooter escaped in precisely this manner. A professional finds a local gun nut, befriends him, uses his cards to check into the hotel, ties him up in the hotel room during the shooting and then kills him right before SWAT got there. He'd already be in SWAT gear when they came in.

    However, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so I'll be relying on Occam's Razor as always.
    You might be getting a phone call from Lee Child's lawyers sometime soon.
    Ne Obliviscaris

  3. #403
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,790
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I smell politics as usual....but have you noticed the number of GOP Congress who claim to not even know what a bump stock was?

    What an opportunity for them to "do something"....NRA spin = GOP win...thanks to Trump the GOP is in the legislative shitter, but this will be a sure thing. No Democrats will oppose it.

    "Trump Signs Popular Bump Stock Ban Into Law After Vegas Tragedy"...can't wait for the black flag conspiracy operators to that one up. We'll never hear the end.

    I need to log off for a while and clear my head.
    Actually the NRA just called for a review for it. I'm shocked they're even addressing it.

  4. #404
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    4,225
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    No no not at all there ATF agents working Round the Clock to enforce any of sorts of rules about Tannerite...
    You could tell if they were, they would put a sub station outside my house.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  5. #405
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    16,824
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    You could tell if they were, they would put a sub station outside my house.
    The nearest ATF agents to me or at least two and a half hours away in Spokane maybe Coeur d'Alene.

    Plenty of border patrol agents up here though.

    Not really cops though not sure if they count course then neither are ATF agents.

    We've got one Federal Forest Service law enforcement officer up here for a huge area.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #406

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NE Oklahoma
    Posts
    224
    Style
    Western Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    These two are unrelated to magazines:
    Peer reviewed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4984734/ "Firearm Ownership and Suicide Rates Among US Men and Women, 1981–2013"
    Peer reviewed: https://link.springer.com/article/10...no-access=true "Criminal Use of Assault Weapons and High-Capacity Semiautomatic Firearms: an Updated Examination of Local and National Sources"

    The "study" mentioned in the article was an ad-hoc review performed specifically for the news network, by Michael Siegel (BU) who is a subject matter expert in the fields of gun ownership, suicide, homicide, and predatory tobacco advertising.

    Flaw? I'd say the study (which was done pretty quickly) doesn't seem to account for the fact that guns move from state to state.

    Whether or not a state has a law restricting large capacity magazines doesn't seem like it would impact the probability of a mass shooting that state...because the guns might have been bought in another state. Paddock bought his weapons across at least 4 different states.

    Massacres occur in both heavy gun controlled states as well as lax ones...but without tracing the purchase location of every single weapon involved, the data is kind of weak.
    Little known law/ruling by ATF. A person can buy or trade long arms in bordering states to his home state. One can buy a pistol in any that allows Gun Shows. Pay for the pistol . Pass the background check. The pistol will be shipped to a license firearms dealer of your choice. Before pickup another background. One or both licensed dealers may charge you a fee for the B/checks Joe

  7. #407
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,442
    Style
    xingyi
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I smell politics as usual....but have you noticed the number of GOP Congress who claim to not even know what a bump stock was?

    What an opportunity for them to "do something"....NRA spin = GOP win...thanks to Trump the GOP is in the legislative shitter, but this will be a sure thing. No Democrats will oppose it.

    "Trump Signs Popular Bump Stock Ban Into Law After Vegas Tragedy"...can't wait for the black flag conspiracy operators to that one up. We'll never hear the end.

    I need to log off for a while and clear my head.
    I stopped listening. Of course it is political. The **** was patented long before Obama was in office. They were in use long before he was in office. If we look hard enough we will find some of those MFers shooting them on a range somewhere in the states.

    They all irritate me,bigotry101 with the blanket statement, just like the anti-gun douche who was a gun runner and the newest douche Pro-life asshole who was trying to talk his mistress into getting an abortion.

    Edit:

    https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p.../US6101918.pdf


    August 15, 2000. Someone else can look up, when they went on the market and were cleared by the ATF or whomever. I know I saw them before Obama was elected.

    Edit:

    LOL two days ago they were going for 700 on gunbrokers.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/05/2017 6:53pm at .

  8. #408
    Ice Hole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Suburbia
    Posts
    11,899
    Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    If I was a conspiracy theorist, I'd postulate how Paddock was the patsy and the real shooter escaped in precisely this manner. A professional finds a local gun nut, befriends him, uses his cards to check into the hotel, ties him up in the hotel room during the shooting and then kills him right before SWAT got there. He'd already be in SWAT gear when they came in.

    However, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, so I'll be relying on Occam's Razor as always.
    There's a problem with any conspiracy theory involving a second or third party...the casino is brimming with cameras. Any accomplices or secondary shooters would have been seen on video and either arrested or on an APB.

    That's the issue right now, the police have shitloads of evidence. They have video of everything that occurred, including days of video leading up. But they have no motive, which creates a huge void for theorycrafting. Theorycrafting is fine, it's how profiling works, but you need to be guided by actual evidence (and not fake news bullshit off Reddit or 4chan, where they are using Facebook photos of Marilou to build vast webs of fiction).

    On a side note, Occam's Razor is kind of ancient philosophical bullshit. It's not even close to the scientific method, or a formal scientific law. I'm not a huge fan.

    It's more of a high percentage technique for explaining things with logic, but that logic can still be false. It fails all sorts of scientific validation, so as a forensics tool, it's only useful about half the time. When I was a newbie, I thought Occam's razor was the most useful method in the world...then I got into the realm of real world and complex problems and realized it was only useful for problems whose answer is simple.

    Simple answer, simple solution, Occam's Razor.

    Complex answer, complex solution, forget ancient monk philosophy entirely. Sometimes, multiplicity is bettah.
    Last edited by Ice Hole; 10/05/2017 9:51pm at .

  9. #409
    jnp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,392
    Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    There's a problem with any conspiracy theory involving a second or third party...the casino is brimming with cameras. Any accomplices or secondary shooters would have been seen on video and either arrested or on an APB.

    That's the issue right now, the police have shitloads of evidence. They have video of everything that occurred, including days of video leading up. But they have no motive, which creates a huge void for theorycrafting. Theorycrafting is fine, it's how profiling works, but you need to be guided by actual evidence (and not fake news bullshit off Reddit or 4chan, where they are using Facebook photos of Marilou to build vast webs of fiction).

    On a side note, Occam's Razor is kind of ancient philosophical bullshit. It's not even close to the scientific method, or a formal scientific law. I'm not a huge fan.

    It's more of a high percentage technique for explaining things with logic, but that logic can still be false. It fails all sorts of scientific validation, so as a forensics tool, it's only useful about half the time. When I was a newbie, I thought Occam's razor was the most useful method in the world...then I got into the realm of real world and complex problems and realized it was only useful for problems whose answer is simple.

    Simple answer, simple solution, Occam's Razor.

    Complex answer, complex solution, forget ancient monk philosophy entirely. Sometimes, multiplicity is bettah.
    This site is full of threads that are built, to some extent, on your ability to equivocate.

    1. My opening statement blatantly asserted that the premise of my post was based on faulty logic.

    2. Regarding Occam's Razor, you are right. It is a useful guideline, but it is not an endgame in the realm of fact finding.

  10. #410
    Bneterasedmynam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    4,790
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so maybe one of you gun people can educate me here on the bullshit over these bump stocks. Every day on the news now it's "ban the bump stocks!!!!!". But what would keep some wackjob from making one themselves?? Would banning bump stocks actually do any good??

Page 41 of 49 First ... 31373839404142434445 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in