Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by big maclol View Post
    Ah ok, the ER doctor made a big deal about it. He was like "radiation is bad for you! stop coming to the ER to get an xray, you don't have pneumonia!"
    I interpret that as "Dude, I have tee-time in an hour, and your are fucking up my schedule!"
    "I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scares away ghosts, creates for itself goblins--it wants to laugh." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    If you are getting scared and short of breathe remind/tell yourself ,"There's no where else in the whole world I choose to be tonight."

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah ok, the ER doctor made a big deal about it. He was like "radiation is bad for you! stop coming to the ER to get an xray, you don't have pneumonia!"
    Who knows. None of mine were remotely optional.
    I'll find out (how bad and who was lying) in time.
    Last edited by Christmas Spirit; 9/28/2017 11:01am at . Reason: see usertitle
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks guys!

I also got like, 5 x rays and a CT scan in the span of 4 weeks to check on my pneumonia, should I be worried about radiation?
    Nothing you can do about it now, so why worry?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Who knows. None of mine were remotely optional.
    I'll find out (how bad and who was lying) in time.
    Die now vs die later, what a choice...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DISCLAIMER: This is informal health advice. Seek advice from a medical practitioner if you are unsure!

As an ED nurse (albeit in AUS) I can say ER docs are likely to tell you that you can stop coming to ER because it's no longer an emergency. The radiation is meh.

That said, obviously if you can't breathe, that's where you need to be.

Think of the pneumonia like an injury. Say you fractured your arm. The fracture will probably heal in six weeks. But during that time the arm has atrophied, the muscles and tendons around the break have to continue to not only heal, but adjust to the newly shaped bone while you're simultaneously trying to strengthen them.

You couldn't use a whole section of your lungs for a while. Your body was sick and trying to route out an infection and then trying to violently remove the build up of fluid in your lungs. Your chest and auxiliary muscles are tired. Your lungs need time to readjust to their capacity. Your immune system needs time to get back to its usual self. These things take time. Physical injuries get rehab, illnesses need it too.

As per usual, the advice is all the good stuff. Plenty of water, gentle exercise working back up towards where you were slowly. Good, regular food and SLEEP. Actual sleep, mind, not resting while the TV is on.

And, 400 mg Ibuprofen and 1g paracetamol (Acetaminophen for those in the US) for pain and discomfort every 4-6 hrs. Take it before you think you need it. It will help you build movement and exercise tolerance and help you get good sleep. They are NOT habit forming, but take no more than four doses in 24 hrs or as directed.
    Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??.........................​My work here is done.

Style
    mt/bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by syberia View Post
    DISCLAIMER: This is informal health advice. Seek advice from a medical practitioner if you are unsure!

As an ED nurse (albeit in AUS) I can say ER docs are likely to tell you that you can stop coming to ER because it's no longer an emergency. The radiation is meh.

That said, obviously if you can't breathe, that's where you need to be.

Think of the pneumonia like an injury. Say you fractured your arm. The fracture will probably heal in six weeks. But during that time the arm has atrophied, the muscles and tendons around the break have to continue to not only heal, but adjust to the newly shaped bone while you're simultaneously trying to strengthen them.

You couldn't use a whole section of your lungs for a while. Your body was sick and trying to route out an infection and then trying to violently remove the build up of fluid in your lungs. Your chest and auxiliary muscles are tired. Your lungs need time to readjust to their capacity. Your immune system needs time to get back to its usual self. These things take time. Physical injuries get rehab, illnesses need it too.

As per usual, the advice is all the good stuff. Plenty of water, gentle exercise working back up towards where you were slowly. Good, regular food and SLEEP. Actual sleep, mind, not resting while the TV is on.

And, 400 mg Ibuprofen and 1g paracetamol (Acetaminophen for those in the US) for pain and discomfort every 4-6 hrs. Take it before you think you need it. It will help you build movement and exercise tolerance and help you get good sleep. They are NOT habit forming, but take no more than four doses in 24 hrs or as directed.
    I'm just now seeing this. Thanks for the advice! I liked your analogy with the arm fracture. The chest pains are coming back actually, lol.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Try these natural ways to recover from pneumonia:
    Consume mucus-reducing foods to naturally treat coughs or wheezing, including homemade vegetable soups, bone broth, and green tea.
    Breath in moist, warm air as much as possible, avoiding very cold temperatures.
    Rub on a topical cough suppressant or use natural cough syrup made with essential oils like eucalyptus, thyme, cedarwood, nutmeg, camphor, and peppermint.
    Avoid strenuous workouts that can make shortness of breath or chest pain worse.
    Clean your home regularly to remove irritants, inhale or diffuse essential oils, and try using a humidifier.

Page 2 of 2 First 12