Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    I mean pushing the elbow up to break the grip and turning @13:10
    Do you ever sleep? You and Monkey...

12:19 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 (GMT+2)
    Time in Galicia, Spain

Anyway, thanks for the time-mark.

Yes, I see what you mean. That's a new one to me.

That chick's head would pop off if he applied any pressure and broke her posture to the rear.

And is she chewing gum?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Do you ever sleep? You and Monkey...

12:19 AM
    Thursday, September 28, 2017 (GMT+2)
    Time in Galicia, Spain
    Going to bed soon.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to bed soon.
    Right, just one more glass of wine...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Jits
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Right, just one more glass of milk...
    Fixed.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fixed.
    Kumis, of course...

Yeah, I've got you figured out...
    "Kumis can, however, be strengthened through freeze distillation, a technique Central Asian nomads are reported to have employed.[17] It can also be distilled into the spirit known as araka or arkhi."

As we say in the US "Sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite".
    Last edited by BKR; 9/27/2017 6:35pm at .

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****ing sake, this is worse than bad. Did you see the "nerve strikes that work" **** as well? Hell, give me half a bottle of Vodka and being annoyed (=adrenalin) and he can try them out. He will have opportunity for working on his "escape" when having my knee in his back and actually having locked the choke as well...

We have a ~50kg girl (me being ~83) that I can do nothing against once she locked it and has me out of balance or in leglock...

What a bunch of delusional lunatics

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well if a choke is "closed" you can't defend, that's pretty much the meaning of "closed".
    You can defend in verious ways if the chocke is only sorta closed, which is more or less what they are doing (I just skimmed the video).

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Well if a choke is "closed" you can't defend, that's pretty much the meaning of "closed".
    You can defend in verious ways if the chocke is only sorta closed, which is more or less what they are doing (I just skimmed the video).
    But he basically claims that by grabbing (the meaty part below) the thumb and using leverage, you can open a lock. Granted, he claims that by putting your head back in time, you have to make yourself room for that. But let's be honest: Whoever has tried this in actual randori or even shiai will know that you are coming from the neck, pushing up with your own shoulder/head when attacking, which neck muscles can do nothing against and just helps the attacker to put you off balance, as all the body is behind his movement and he will end up pressing against his chest with all his shoulder and back muscles (ideally, you will want to end up having the neck of your opponent about at the hight of your chest/nipples when attacking - locking with head to head is bad technique imho, as you are way stronger and tighter in front of your chest!).

So he relies on the premise that putting your head back gives you space and you can retain that for as long as you need to get out, but in reality, all you do is helping the opponent into the position he wants you to have (laid back, throat open) in the futile attempt of working with your neck against a whole body.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Btw, speaking of German ninjers and totally hardcore self-defense gurus, check this channel out:

https://www.youtube.com/c/SystemaAkademieBerlin

Yeah, it is Systema, the cousin of __in __un, and they teach realistic self-defense where even small, weak women can easily dismantle big guys by the power of relaxation...training with some pretty relaxed people that are so relaxed that they crumble and roll over the floor at every slight touch.

I asked whether they have full contact sparring and drills, they answer was "we used to have" and "we don't teach technique, we teach principles". I totally see how this makes a self-defense monster out of everybody in no-time.

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last