Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
  1. #1
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,785
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1

    Hadaka Jime/Rear Naked Choke Escape

    I'll leave this here. What do you guys think? Personally, I find escaping a "sealed" shime waza of this type quite difficult, especially when tori has proper body control.

    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #2
    ermghoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    OW, MY KNEE
    Posts
    4,788
    Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    1
    As usual, "comments are disabled for this video" = this video is useless.

    That's how one would do it, but it will never work if the choke is locked in, unless you're paired up with Steven Hawking. His demo partner is feeding the escapes by loosening up where need be.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

  3. #3
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,697
    Style
    Jits
    1
    Watched the first 7 min... do not like.

  4. #4
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,785
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    As usual, "comments are disabled for this video" = this video is useless.

    That's how one would do it, but it will never work if the choke is locked in, unless you're paired up with Steven Hawking. His demo partner is feeding the escapes by loosening up where need be.
    Yeah, I never saw him escape a "sealed choke" in the video, and I kept watching in breathless anticipation, as I find myself in that position quite often, although usually under considerably more body control by tori...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #5
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,785
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    Watched the first 7 min... do not like.
    I just wanted to see tori slap on a "sealed choke" and uke escape.

    I understand that preventions/escapes don't' work all the time. That's just part of the game.

    It also fascinates me when non-grappling experts teach grappling.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #6
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,785
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Holy Saluting Gorilla...

    Take a look at this...
    http://corejkd.com/

    Hey, Falenay, you don't want to miss out on this one...
    I'm thinking this is cover for some kind of fetish scene...


    Video Gallery, for your viewing pleasure...
    http://corejkd.com/core-jkd-youtube-video-gallery/

    We need some relief from all the stuff about the Donald,

    So buy or make some stroopwaffel and have at it...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  7. #7
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,785
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    This is completely OT, but, WTH, if you can't have beautiful technique...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  8. #8
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,700
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    REBEL
    CORE JKD
    WING CHUN



    I can smell the Harley Exhaust and over compensation just from the logo alone.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #9
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,785
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    REBEL
    CORE JKD
    WING CHUN



    I can smell the Harley Exhaust and over compensation just from the logo alone.
    But he's in Germany, land of enlightened leftists...Harley Exhaust ?

    He did train in the USA, though, according to his sort-of bio page. It's an interesting read...lots of mysterious fighting/testing and all that.
    http://corejkd.com/ming/
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #10
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,697
    Style
    Jits
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    His demo partner is feeding the escapes by loosening up where need be.
    And going deer in headlights when tori defends.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in