Page 6 of 17 First ... 234567891016 ... Last
  1. #51
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,173
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I was trying to come up with a way to get back to shiposting (on topic), and damned if you didn't do it.
    Reality is shitpost and liberal biased.
    It isn't very hard to do when there aren't gymnastics involved.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #52
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,233
    Style
    judo hiatus
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    I don't think you qualify as a redneck, maybe a hick at best.

    I'm not bigoted against rednecks, just racists. I can't help if if those two happen to overlap most of the time.
    Hey! How many rednecks do you know?

    Hillbillies? Hicks? All terms you've used. To head you off, your take on Trailer Trash? Who is getting left out here? C'mon, I'm fairly sure you have more. All that overlap y'know.

  3. #53
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Reality is shitpost and liberal biased.
    It isn't very hard to do when there aren't gymnastics involved.
    Bravo, apparently the back surgery is helping with all sorts of things...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  4. #54
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,128
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Hey! How many rednecks do you know?

    Hillbillies? Hicks? All terms you've used. To head you off, your take on Trailer Trash? Who is getting left out here? C'mon, I'm fairly sure you have more. All that overlap y'know.
    I know, me as hick, lol, weak shot...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  5. #55
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,173
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Bravo, apparently the back surgery is helping with all sorts of things...
    I can almost blow myself like Bannon!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  6. #56
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,173
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Bravo, apparently the back surgery is helping with all sorts of things...
    Alt-Answer
    =
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #57
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,305
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    The NFL just had a huge ratings increase because Trump wanted people to boycott it.
    The difference between ratings and polls is zero, in my mind. They are tools for the content producers, not meant for consumption by John and Jane Murica. I actually rather liked this NYT piece on the subject: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/s...ngs-trump.html

    I'll go deeper, and suggest that as content becomes more and more diversified, our ability to ideologically gel as a society is becoming fractured beyond repair. It becomes increasingly important for people to seek out and give honest attention to competing views, because it is so easy to get feel-good content which doesn't interfere with our individual world views, and thus doesn't require critical thinking.

  8. #58
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,173
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    The difference between ratings and polls is zero, in my mind. They are tools for the content producers, not meant for consumption by John and Jane Murica. I actually rather liked this NYT piece on the subject: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/s...ngs-trump.html

    I'll go deeper, and suggest that as content becomes more and more diversified, our ability to ideologically gel as a society is becoming fractured beyond repair. It becomes increasingly important for people to seek out and give honest attention to competing views, because it is so easy to get feel-good content which doesn't interfere with our individual world views, and thus doesn't require critical thinking.
    I look at the situation this way, and just try to keep all the fancy concepts and logic out of it.
    Trump Supporters - NFL = NASCAR Fans
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #59
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,233
    Style
    judo hiatus
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I know, me as hick, lol, weak shot...
    Think Bnet has ever read any Steinbeck? I could be next.

  10. #60
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,173
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Think Bnet has ever read any Steinbeck? I could be next.
    I loved "The Grass Is Always Greener over the Septic Tank" He could defintly learn fom Steinbeck. She is brilliant.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Page 6 of 17 First ... 234567891016 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in