Page 17 of 17 First ... 71314151617
    Style
    Mixed

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a bit early, I know I said wait until Thanksgiving (yeah, I know Canadia's was last month), but this was just too yummy to not throw in early.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fd58254bddc6

"Papa" John Schnatter is blaming lackluster earnings on NFL's low ratings.

Regardless of the truthiness (the article covers it pretty fairly), Trump's tweets are not what's wrong with the NFL. I think we'll see a sponsor or major advertiser pull out before the Superbowl, maybe more than one.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It's a bit early, I know I said wait until Thanksgiving (yeah, I know Canadia's was last month), but this was just too yummy to not throw in early.
    Let your partisan bullshit lead your thoughts! Yes let the dark side flow through you.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.fd58254bddc6

"Papa" John Schnatter is blaming lackluster earnings on NFL's low ratings.

Regardless of the truthiness (the article covers it pretty fairly), Trump's tweets are not what's wrong with the NFL. I think we'll see a sponsor or major advertiser pull out before the Superbowl, maybe more than one.
    Papa John is a fucking idiot dead set on exploiting workers not providing any sort of compensation or competitive wage to his employees. Only fucking idiots care about his opinion on any topic except increasing personal wealth through the exploitation of minimum wage employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Let your partisan bullshit lead your thoughts! Yes let the dark side flow through you.
    Yeah, partisan, like Bloomberg or CNBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomberg
    Audiences are down an average 7 percent from a year ago through the first eight weeks of the season, excluding last Monday. That’s on top of a decrease of about 8 percent last season that spurred numerous changes in the broadcasts, from shorter commercials to better matchups earlier in the year.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...or-second-year

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/03/papa...g-ratings.html

Or, do you mean partisan, as in I want to see the NFL fall on it's face? Definitely not, because NFL is more important than banks and automobiles, and I'm tired of us bailing out failed industries.

Or, do you mean that you have evidence that ratings have improved, in the last six weeks?

Or, do you mean that a publically traded company which employs 23,000 people across the nation doesn't know how to run a P&L spreadsheet or a PR campaign?

(edit) btw, stock tip, buy a bunch of PZZA next week, ****'s about to get real

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Papa John as in Papa John is a fucktard of a business owner and ALL professional sports are a fucking over promoted waste of resources full of corrupt owners who are mostly old money idiots who were born into their wealth and have never worked a day in their life.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Papa John as in Papa John is a fucktard of a business owner and ALL professional sports are a fucking over promoted waste of resources full of corrupt owners who are mostly old money idiots who were born into their wealth and have never worked a day in their life.
    Ah, OK. Wait, what about my partisan bullshit? I'm saying there's a house of cards coming down, and the stories don't seem to be countering that notion, regardless of the source. Seems like something you would be on board with, considering the above quote of yours...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess my point is Professional Sports should have had a much greater drop in viewership and ticket sale a LONG time ago and pretending the current drop is anything but an evolution of a humanity focused on facts and an acceptance of said evolution is disingenuous or at least unsupported by hundreds of projections from the past.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess my point is Professional Sports should have had a much greater drop in viewership and ticket sale a LONG time ago and pretending the current drop is anything but an evolution of a humanity focused on facts and an acceptance of said evolution is disingenuous or at least unsupported by hundreds of projections from the past.

Ah, wouldn't it be nice if we were actually getting collectively smarter and more serious? But, no. There's substantial evidence that MLG is becoming the new normal. That's right, millennials and younger are far more likely to be interested in watching eSports on-demand than boring old RL stuff on a rigid schedule. I'll try to dig up some articles supporting this, and I definitely have some anecdotes which I may or may not share, but just google MLG for starters.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    That's right, millennials and younger are far more likely to be interested in watching eSports on-demand than boring old RL stuff on a rigid schedule.
    The Millenials I know give way less of a **** about sports in general than their parent's generation.

Page 17 of 17 First ... 71314151617