Page 12 of 17 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    From g****r to white... the fluidity of race in action.
    Well, neither of us is Celtic, that's for sure...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I guess we all agree that the NFL Players are wayyyy out of line when they stand and kneel and join arms in solidarity and should be fired along with their owners and who ever else is supporting this display of ... uhhh. Flagrant disrespect of ..?
    I just want to be clear as to why.

Is it disrespecting the flag? Is it pushing their politics in your face? Is it ruining football to be exposed to the ... vulgarity?

Seriously wtf is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    It's not about Constitutional rights. No one is advocating violating anyone's 1st Amendment rights.

It's about a private sector boycott and the employer-employee relationship.
    OK ...owners don't seem to have a problem.

The Constitution doesn't protect one's right to peacefully protest at your job if your employer forbids it. It protects you from the Government taking away your right to peacefully protest.
    among many other things and a little more broadly than that but yeah sure, pretty basic stuff.

People are simply demanding the league and owners (the employers in this case) get politics out of football,
    If want politics and nationalism out of politics you need to start with the National Anthem, the jets flying over head, the recruiters and all the T.V. commercials...

and they are boycotting if they don't. No one is demanding the Government jail these players for protesting.
    Actually the problem is the President isn't supposed to be telling people to boycott... never mind lets kick it down to your level. You want the politics out the NFL?

Tell Trump to stop making the NFL political. Players taking a knee quietly and respectfully during a song while everyone is supposed to be gazing at the flag and pondering the greatness of our rich and diverse culture isn't the problem. Grow up and watch the game you snowflake.
    Last edited by Christmas Spirit; 9/27/2017 9:40pm at .
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Style
    judo hiatus
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    So I guess we all agree that the NFL Players are wayyyy out of line when they stand and kneel and join arms in solidarity and should be fired along with their owners and who ever else is supporting this display of ... uhhh. Flagrant disrespect of ..?

Is it disrespecting the flag? Is it pushing their politics in your face? Is it ruining football to be exposed to the ... vulgarity?

among many other things and a little more broadly than that but yeah sure, pretty basic stuff.

If want politics and nationalism out of politics you need to start with the National Anthem, the jets flying over head, the recruiters and all the T.V. commercials...

Actually the problem is the President isn't supposed to be telling people to boycott... never mind lets kick it down to your level. You want the politics out the NFL?

Tell Trump to stop making the NFL political. Players taking a knee quietly and respectfully during a song while everyone is supposed to be gazing at the flag and pondering the greatness of our rich and diverse culture isn't the problem. Grow up and watch the game you snowflake.
    I'll disagree simply because their opinion bears about as much weight as any other celebrity. They've entitled to an opinion whether I agree with it or not. They're entitled to that opinion which has the weight of anyone else's. One persons opinion.

I'm sure, unless freshly washed, their asshole stinks too. Current President included.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as tasteful protests go ... the NFL has been pretty on point.
    I have no idea why people are bent out of shape.
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well since no one said that, obviously no one needs to explain why.

I stated clearly it was the second one.

If I want to hear politics discussed, I'll tune into CNN, FoxNews, or MSNBC. I don't tune into sports to listen to people discuss politics.

I've stated it as plainly as I can.

Most of them, correct. The Panthers owner seems to be the exception.

Nope. The Anthem wasn't politicized until last season.

Btw, the NFL has rules on player conduct during the Anthem. They just refuse to enforce it. Were you aware of that?

Did you ever tell Kaep to stop making it political? I'll wager No.....

You're trying to blame Trump, as you always do. But this was going on well before Trump took office. He just gave his take on it.

I'll watch the game when it goes back to being politics free, like it was before. As much as the owners and players can do what they choose, so too will I.

On the same topic, I'm wondering how this will effect all the taxpayer funding of these grand stadiums. This may be the thing that finally stops that corporate welfare. If so, the protests will have accomplished something positive.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well since no one said that, obviously no one needs to explain why.

I stated clearly it was the second one.

If I want to hear politics discussed, I'll tune into CNN, FoxNews, or MSNBC. I don't tune into sports to listen to people discuss politics.

I've stated it as plainly as I can.

Most of them, correct. The Panthers owner seems to be the exception.

Nope. The Anthem wasn't politicized until last season.

Btw, the NFL has rules on player conduct during the Anthem. They just refuse to enforce it. Were you aware of that?
    The Anthem is political by it's nature. You are the one wanting it out. I have no problem it.

Did you ever tell Kaep to stop making it political? I'll wager No.....

You're trying to blame Trump, as you always do. But this was going on well before Trump took office. He just gave his take on it.

I'll watch the game when it goes back to being politics free, like it was before. As much as the owners and players can do what they choose, so too will I.
    It has never been nonpolitical, professional sports have always been part of the whole Dog and Pony Hoorah America show. I am glad you aren't watching the NFL. I was heart broken when I learned the ratings did indeed go up.

Please note I did not call for anyone to not part take in free speech. I said if you were all butt hurt about it you could start with your boy 45 and his twitter addiction all his twitter tantrum did was draw attention to a nothing topic and make it political.

On the same topic, I'm wondering how this will effect all the taxpayer funding of these grand stadiums. This may be the thing that finally stops that corporate welfare. If so, the protests will have accomplished something positive.
    Why would it affect stadium use or funding? You will have to explain how those two things are related.
    Not that I care, I personally think all Professional Sports are a fucking joke, a tool, a distraction.

I am glad you are finally understanding corporate welfare tho.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Anthem is political by it's nature. You are the one wanting it out. I have no problem it.

It has never been nonpolitical, professional sports have always been part of the whole Dog and Pony Hoorah America show. I am glad you aren't watching the NFL. I was heart broken when I learned the ratings did indeed go up.
    I never said I wanted the Anthem out.

I'm going to agree to disagree on the politicizing of the sport. I say it's gotten political where it wasn't before, you say it's always been political.

Of course people are taking advantage of DirectTV's unprecedented offering Sunday Ticket refunds, burning NFL gear, and boycotting since just last weekend, but hey, that's just a huge coincidence as it's always been politicized. Whatever.

As to the ratings, we both cited data that differed and left it at that iirc. Not sure why you now claim ratings went up.

Why would it affect stadium use or funding? You will have to explain how those two things are related.
    Not that I care, I personally think all Professional Sports are a fucking joke, a tool, a distraction.
    I said they may become related. I just figure if fans are boycotting the games, they aren't going to be willing to pony up millions in tax dollars for stadiums where the games they refuse to watch are played.

I've always opposed this practice, and I'm hoping this might be the catalyst for finally stopping that garbage.

I am glad you are finally understanding corporate welfare tho.
    No 'finally' to it. I've understood, and opposed, the concept for many years now.

Around 1996, the Austin City Council tried to **** the taxpayers with a HORRIBLE minor league baseball stadium deal. The voters got wind of the scheme and forced it to a vote. I was one who voted 'No'. Amazingly enough, it was one of the few bond packages that city ever voted down.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 9/27/2017 11:32pm at .
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can somebody please hire Kaepernick, already? I'm sick of this ****. I'm no longer sure of what they are protesting, and I'll bet they aren't, either. There are other, more important, things going on in the world...

Quote Originally Posted by tfa
    Some players took a knee to protest police brutality and injustices against people of color, some linked arms in an attempt to deliver a message of “unity,” and some stayed off the field for the anthem entirely.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/28/1...ational-anthem

Style
    boxing, gjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Can somebody please hire Kaepernick, already? I'm sick of this ****. I'm no longer sure of what they are protesting, and I'll bet they aren't, either. There are other, more important, things going on in the world...

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/28/1...ational-anthem

PCU. Great movie.

At the time I thought it was an edgy comedy. Who knew it was actually prophecy.

Style
    Mixed
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PCU. Great movie.

At the time I thought it was an edgy comedy. Who knew it was actually prophecy.
    PCU wasnt edgy. You must be a real bumpkin.

Page 12 of 17 First ... 28910111213141516 ... Last