Page 11 of 17 First ... 789101112131415 ... Last
  1. #101
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,798
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    huh ... interesting.

    "ESPN Monday Night Football Overnight Rating Up 63 Percent Over a Year Ago"
    ...
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #102

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,547
    1
    So, turns out people who watch a television show involving heavily padded steroid abusers colliding on a grassy field don't base their decision to watch or not on said steroid abusers political views. Whoda thunk it.

    **** this issue, and if you give a **** about it, **** you too.

  3. #103
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,731
    Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, plus (used to be red hair) and freckles...
    From g****r to white... the fluidity of race in action.
    Last edited by DCS; 9/27/2017 5:09am at .

  4. #104

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    327
    Style
    BJJ (white belt)
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Hey! How many rednecks do you know?

    Hillbillies? Hicks? All terms you've used. To head you off, your take on Trailer Trash? Who is getting left out here? C'mon, I'm fairly sure you have more. All that overlap y'know.
    https://youtu.be/N11yCJZdKoM

  5. #105
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,731
    Style
    Jits
    3
    Wrists are going to get broken...


  6. #106
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,649
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    DirecTV offers NFL Sunday Ticket refunds following player protests

    Source:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/direc...170100183.html
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

  7. #107
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,468
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    5
    So I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. 241yrs ago the founders of the US fought a war so that all people living in the US would have certain rights, among them, the right to free speech and peaceful protest. Various wars have been fought since and patriots have bled and died to ensure those rights. Now, a bunch of Constitution thumping right-wingnuts, and the President of the United States(for shame) want people fired when they take a knee during the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event, in other words, exercising their right to peaceful protest...

    This one leaves me scratching my head.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

  8. #108
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,865
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    So I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. 241yrs ago the founders of the US fought a war so that all people living in the US would have certain rights, among them, the right to free speech and peaceful protest. Various wars have been fought since and patriots have bled and died to ensure those rights. Now, a bunch of Constitution thumping right-wingnuts, and the President of the United States(for shame) want people fired when they take a knee during the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event, in other words, exercising their right to peaceful protest...

    This one leaves me scratching my head.
    Opinions are like assholes, even the President has one...

    Plus, gotta keep the base stirred up.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  9. #109
    Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    1bad65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Wilco, TX
    Posts
    3,649
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    So I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. 241yrs ago the founders of the US fought a war so that all people living in the US would have certain rights, among them, the right to free speech and peaceful protest. Various wars have been fought since and patriots have bled and died to ensure those rights. Now, a bunch of Constitution thumping right-wingnuts, and the President of the United States(for shame) want people fired when they take a knee during the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event, in other words, exercising their right to peaceful protest...

    This one leaves me scratching my head.
    It's not about Constitutional rights. No one is advocating violating anyone's 1st Amendment rights.

    It's about a private sector boycott and the employer-employee relationship.

    The Constitution doesn't protect one's right to peacefully protest at your job if your employer forbids it. It protects you from the Government taking away your right to peacefully protest.

    People are simply demanding the league and owners (the employers in this case) get politics out of football, and they are boycotting if they don't. No one is demanding the Government jail these players for protesting.
    "There is no serious person out there who would suggest somehow that you could even rig America’s elections, in part, because they are so decentralized and the numbers of votes involved. There is no evidence that that has happened in the past or that there are instances in which that will happen this time. And so I’d invite Mr. Trump to stop whinin’ and go try to make his case to get votes." -Barack Obama, October 18, 2016

  10. #110
    DCS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,731
    Style
    Jits
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    241yrs ago the founders of the US fought a war so that all people living in the US would have certain rights, among them, the right to free speech and peaceful protest. Various wars have been fought since and patriots have bled and died to ensure those rights.
    That was what you and the patriots you mention have been told and believed, but maybe the real motivations of these wars were about other issues.

    Now, a bunch of Constitution thumping right-wingnuts, and the President of the United States (for shame) want people fired when they take a knee during the playing of the national anthem before a sporting event, in other words, exercising their right to peaceful protest...
    Well, they're putting clear for all to see what is the real America about. And this is why I think Trump is the president America needs.

Page 11 of 17 First ... 789101112131415 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in