Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Style
    Studied many. No current.

    MMA Glove Recomendations

    Hey all!

    I'm looking to buy some brand spanking new mma gloves. Open to any and all recomendations! I knew the Hayabusa Ikusa is very highly thought of and love the look of the new T3 glove. Anyone try the Ikusa or new T3?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Style
    Studied many. No current.

    MMA Glove Recommendation

    Trying to get the best gloves I can possibly buy. Mainly trying to decide between the Hayabusa T3 or Venom Undisputed 2.0 but open to better suggestions.

    Opinions?

  3. #3
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,589
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    Hi, Plushy. Please try to keep to one thread per topic, please. I've moved your duplicate question to here.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,589
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Considerations on gloves:

    1. Looks are for posers and pros with sponsorships. Don't choose a glove based on how cool it looks.
    2. Any rules in your specific art or competition that govern which gloves you can or cannot use. Train with the equipment you are required to use in competition.
    3. The Ikusa and Undisputed both have thumb guards. T3 has an open thumb, which is similar to what the current UFC-sanctioned gloves are, if I'm not mistaken.
    4. Wrist support. You don't want to sacrifice, here.
    5. Fit and comfort. Not everyone's hands are the same. When I was striking, I tended towards gloves with wider straps, because I have boney wrists.
    6. Ask your sparring partners and coaches what gloves they recommend, and see if they have a pair that you can try for a couple of rounds.
    7. OK, now you can worry about how cool they look.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    5
    Style
    Studied many. No current.
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Considerations on gloves:

    1. Looks are for posers and pros with sponsorships. Don't choose a glove based on how cool it looks.
    2. Any rules in your specific art or competition that govern which gloves you can or cannot use. Train with the equipment you are required to use in competition.
    3. The Ikusa and Undisputed both have thumb guards. T3 has an open thumb, which is similar to what the current UFC-sanctioned gloves are, if I'm not mistaken.
    4. Wrist support. You don't want to sacrifice, here.
    5. Fit and comfort. Not everyone's hands are the same. When I was striking, I tended towards gloves with wider straps, because I have boney wrists.
    6. Ask your sparring partners and coaches what gloves they recommend, and see if they have a pair that you can try for a couple of rounds.
    7. OK, now you can worry about how cool they look.

    If the T3 is closer to UFC sanctioned gloves we maybe I'll go with those. I know the new design is also supposed to give greater wrist support.

    When figuring out what size glove to buy, do you wrap your hands before measuring the circumference? Without wraps I would be a small, but with wraps it would boost me into the range of a medium glove.

  6. #6
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,589
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Plushy2111 View Post
    If the T3 is closer to UFC sanctioned gloves we maybe I'll go with those. I know the new design is also supposed to give greater wrist support.

    When figuring out what size glove to buy, do you wrap your hands before measuring the circumference? Without wraps I would be a small, but with wraps it would boost me into the range of a medium glove.
    Yes, you want gloves that fit with your wraps.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    24
    For high quality, broad range of colors and designs and reasonable price i would like to recommend MMA Gloves by Rdx Sports.

  8. #8
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,664
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChampions View Post
    For high quality, broad range of colors and designs and reasonable price i would like to recommend MMA Gloves by Rdx Sports.
    Dude.

    Do you think people aren't paying attention? What part of
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Post that link one more time and you are banned for spam you ignorant piece of ****. The only reason you aren't banned now is because I figured you were too stupid to know the rules when you started the other threads.

    You have been warned officially.
    do you not get?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  9. #9
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,664
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    We will see you this weekend. I warned you nicely, rudely, with comedy, and now with with teeth. If you wish to advertise please do so through the proper channels.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  10. #10
    gregaquaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arlie Beach
    Posts
    3,016
    Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    I got a set of combat sports MMA gloves and they are dead sexy. Real leather and just feels well built.

    I have ordered the sparring version. I will see how they go.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in