Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Thanks, I should have guessed you'd have an answer.

So it's more directed at inter-EU member commerce/business than say, internal business, then ?
    Basically they can't direct subsidies to one specific business, they can use indirect subsidies. E.g. the italian government can't buy a ton of italian made cars to help an italian automaker, but can have a cash for clunkers program as long as it doesn't discriminate between automakers.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Sounds alot like the deals Austin did. Lots of tax credits.

I will say they brought the promised jobs in the case of the Austin ones I'm familiar with. Each fab is several thousand jobs (both direct and support).
    That sounds good to me, however, jobs come and go as you well know, depending on economy etc..

And those jobs mean more peripheral jobs as well, more money spent in the economy, so the effect spreads out quite a bit if it works.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    Basically they can't direct subsidies to one specific business, they can use indirect subsidies. E.g. the italian government can't buy a ton of italian made cars to help an italian automaker, but can have a cash for clunkers program as long as it doesn't discriminate between automakers.
    But what if the Italian car maker wins a bid to supply police cars to the Caribinieri?

Anyway, thanks for the added details.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Huh, how about that? The Koch brothers are against the deal:
    https://americansforprosperity.org/a...ement-foxconn/

Does that pretty much destroy the thread?
    So AFP is secret SJW society for businesses, right?
    The Koch brothers are alt-right die hard Libertarians. They are the financial backing for some the craziest Tea Party folks, that crazy racist rancher Bundy, Breitbart and a bunch of others. The like to, through their proxies, make it seem like George Soros is out for world domination through use of his fortune, while they do the same **** in a different direction and can buy 10 George Soros's.

I have no doubt that they would be against it. They are also against things like minimum wage, unemployment, the FDA, OSHA, and just about anything else that protects the rights of the worker.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    I don't think it's been covered in the thread, yet, but the 3 billion is not a lump-sum. It's anywhere up to $250 million per year for the length of the agreement.

And, it still has to go through a bunch of stuff, i.e. how the money will be spent, verification of milestones, etc.: http://host.madison.com/wsj/business...94efccba2.html

For example:
    Quote Originally Posted by tfa
    An amendment passed by the Senate and embraced by the Assembly would require the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. to “establish job creation thresholds” for Foxconn that must be met before incentives could be paid, even in partial form.

While that amendment didn’t set specific job ranges — state negotiators will work on that in coming weeks — it helps to address concerns that Foxconn would fall short of its predicted 13,000 jobs and still get the bulk of an estimated $3 billion in state incentives.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    The Koch brothers are alt-right die hard Libertarians. They are the financial backing for some the craziest Tea Party folks, that crazy racist rancher Bundy, Breitbart and a bunch of others. The like to, through their proxies, make it seem like George Soros is out for world domination through use of his fortune, while they do the same **** in a different direction and can buy 10 George Soros's.

I have no doubt that they would be against it. They are also against things like minimum wage, unemployment, the FDA, OSHA, and just about anything else that protects the rights of the worker.
    I always pronounce that "cock" brothers in my head. Did I get right ?

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

No, no, don't do that - you're going to confuse poor Bnet. There's only left and right.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    I always pronounce that "cock" brothers in my head. Did I get right ?
    With a hard K?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    With a hard K?

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    But what if the Italian car maker wins a bid to supply police cars to the Caribinieri?

Anyway, thanks for the added details.
    The bid has to be made fair so that also non italian automakers can partecipate.
    In some markets that are heavily subsidized, like agribusiness, there are quotas for the various european countries.
    This kind of quotas are always contentious, as farmers from each country believe that their own quota is too low, and blame the EU for this.

Page 10 of 11 First ... 67891011 Last