Page 6 of 16 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
  1. #51
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,379
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    If left means change and right means to stay the same, being offended and morally outraged cause of a boobie comment or nipple slip is a Right thing. The "Lefts" view would be free the nipple and topless outfits for all who want'em and screaming TITTY FUCKING CHRIST on CNN without concern.
    Nah both left and right want change. Just in different directions. The Right(at least the Right that rally scares me) wants to take us back to the failed policies that preceeded the Great Depression and WWII. The Left wants to take us(IDK anymore giving Hillary's inability to put together a coherent vision).

    Though you keep lumping everything you don't like as Right and Republican and I may just be triggered.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

  2. #52
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,240
    Style
    judo hiatus
    4
    There was a young lady named Etta.
    Who fancied herself in a sweater.
    Three reasons she had, to stay warm was not bad.
    But the other two reasons were better.

    disclaimer

    I do the majority of the grocery shopping and have been known on occasion to slow down in the frozen food section. Cause, human male and some gal came in bra-less while glass doors have reflections. Who is the lower life form in Pship's mind? Her for showing or me for looking.

    Just yanking your chain Pship. All in fun.


  3. #53
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,240
    Style
    judo hiatus
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

    Essentially it comes off as he was presenting an argument for which neither the anchor or other presenter had a logical or rational answer for, so they zeroed in on one word and started building a case for sexism. It's a dodge and redirect, with a heavy helping of feigned moral outrage on top.

    Live news isn't realtime, there is a delay, that is how they bleep out people saying ****, and other profanity. The producers made a decision to let that play because they didn't like his actual argument. The Anchor and other guest responded it to it, because a producer was in their ear telling them to, because they didn't like his argument.

    Was it the most mature thing he could have said on television? No, absolutely not. However, far more immature is to bring him on, hoping that he would say it, then when you don't have a decent response to the equivalency that he drew between Schilling and Hill, to use it as a derail, dodge and redirect. That shows lack of intellectual honesty, lack of maturity, and straight up cowardice.
    ^this^

    Pship doesn't want to play anymore. Must have a headache.

    Last edited by hungryjoe; 9/17/2017 12:03pm at .

  4. #54
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,217
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Nah both left and right want change. Just in different directions. The Right(at least the Right that rally scares me) wants to take us back to the failed policies that preceeded the Great Depression and WWII. The Left wants to take us(IDK anymore giving Hillary's inability to put together a coherent vision).

    Though you keep lumping everything you don't like as Right and Republican and I may just be triggered.
    I was using a abbreviated definition P-Ship gave in a different thread.
    One that I thought was fitting and enlightening in a historical context discussing communism and the Left and Right.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  5. #55
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,188
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    If next time you are expecting/ promised boobs your wife sings you a song in her bra and then leaves how quickly would you file for divorce?

    To address the rest of the thread

    The same thing has happened here with the BBC and the Guardian.

    More important than news is "our brand" of news.

    Reporting the truth is reletively simple compared to creating a news product to sell by using marketing techniques to sculpt a product that will get the most views and to twist facts to suit the target audience.

    That's why we end up with this dog ****.
    Epicly brilliant post.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  6. #56
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,240
    Style
    judo hiatus
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Epicly brilliant post.
    Your post needs a meme.



    slacker

  7. #57
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,379
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    1
    Pship, here is a question, since you like throwing around the term sexist like it is going out of style. Do you believe that there should be separate leagues/divisions for men's and women's sport. Like take the WNBA for example, should that exist? How about the women's division of the UFC? If so, why? If not, why?
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

  8. #58
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,240
    Style
    judo hiatus
    4

    This thread has been hijacked


  9. #59
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    5,240
    Style
    judo hiatus
    3

    Last one. Maybe




  10. #60
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,379
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post

    And here I was trying to have a serious discussion with Pship about his hypocrisy and indignation...
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

Page 6 of 16 First ... 2345678910 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in