Page 2 of 16 First 12345612 ... Last
  1. #11
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,386
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    You put way too much value in troll jobs.

    She shut him the **** down and he looked like a moron on national TV.

    He's a pissant shock jock in the shadow of far more amusing people like Stern or Opie and Anthony or Penn. Desperate, sad, and probably lonely with no access to a good set of boobs at all.

    If he was a comedian...it might have been funny. He was 100% serious and if you ever listen to him, he's a sick **** with serious issues....the kind you need to come on live TV and make a horses ass of yourself.
    She didn't shut him down, she got shut down, emotionally triggered for no good reason. Meanwhile they had no good response to his actual argument. He was supposed to come on and attack Jamele Hill for calling President Trump a white supremacist and demand her firing. Instead he defended her right to say that, and said that she shouldn't be fired for it. Instead he said that ESPN pretty much has to fire Jamele Hill for her comments on account of its history of firing people who publicly air political views...

    In all honesty if they could have simply ignored one word of his statement, they could have had a somewhat productive conversation, though I don't think it would have went the way CNN wanted, as you can't say that Jamele Hill has a first amendment right to call the President of the United States a white supremacist, but that Curt Schilling doesn't have a first amendment right to say that he disagrees with transgender bathroom laws.

    It might also be pointed out that CNN pretty much had to expect him to say precisely that, as he has a long history of saying precisely that whenever the topic comes up. Something the Washington Post points out
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.67c224d94225
    This is who Travis is. CNN ought to have known what it was getting.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    2
    They had a great response, they shut off his feed like they've done to other idiots who show up on broadcast news prepared to act like juveniles.

    He might as well have dropped his pants and mooned the audience. Epic troll!? Nope, epic fail.

    Like I said, other shock jocks come on the news and still have the maturity to set aside their act. Even the lead singer of Gwar was able to keep it above board on the news...because Dave Brock had class.

    Emotionally triggered my ass. More like confounded at his stupidity. She took it in stride and for a while wasn't sure he hadn't said "booze".

    Her other guest acted his age and also thought his absurd outburst was over the top. Leave that sort of **** to radio entertainment....keep it the **** out of serious journalism.

    Clearly you didn't watch the full actual segment like I did. You just watched a YouTube video...and it triggered something in people who like practical jokes...but the news just isn't the forum for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    She didn't shut him down, she got shut down, emotionally triggered for no good reason. Meanwhile they had no good response to his actual argument. He was supposed to come on and attack Jamele Hill for calling President Trump a white supremacist and demand her firing. Instead he defended her right to say that, and said that she shouldn't be fired for it. Instead he said that ESPN pretty much has to fire Jamele Hill for her comments on account of its history of firing people who publicly air political views...

    In all honesty if they could have simply ignored one word of his statement, they could have had a somewhat productive conversation, though I don't think it would have went the way CNN wanted, as you can't say that Jamele Hill has a first amendment right to call the President of the United States a white supremacist, but that Curt Schilling doesn't have a first amendment right to say that he disagrees with transgender bathroom laws.

    It might also be pointed out that CNN pretty much had to expect him to say precisely that, as he has a long history of saying precisely that whenever the topic comes up. Something the Washington Post points out
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.67c224d94225
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/16/2017 11:48pm at .

  3. #13
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,386
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    They had a great response, they shut off his feed like they've done to other idiots who show up on broadcast news prepared to act like juveniles.

    Like I said, other shock jocks come on the news and still have the maturity to set aside their act.

    Emotionally triggered my ass. More like confounded at his stupidity. She took it in stride and for a while wasn't sure he hadn't said "booze".

    Clearly you didn't watch the full actual segment like I did. You just watched a YouTube video...and it triggered something in people who like practical jokes...but the news just isn't the forum for that.
    Nope that was a meltdown over a word. A quote, as the Washington Post pointed out, he was almost expected to say. CNN was going for drama, and they got drama. Considering it went on for 3 minutes, they didn't just cut his mic feed. Oh yeah, the person who got cut off mid-statement was Keith Reed.

    I'll give CNN this, at least they were honest about cutting it after they got the shock statement they were looking for as opposed to pretending that they lost their connection as they have done in the past.

  4. #14
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,351
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Nope that was a meltdown over a word.
    I was shocked she spelled it, as if CNN has a pre-Kindergarten audience. She clearly knew what he said, because Keith Reed was sitting there with his mouth catching flies, and I guarantee her producer was gabbing in her ear and blowing up her teleprompter.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    Nope that was a meltdown over a word. A quote, as the Washington Post pointed out, he was almost expected to say. CNN was going for drama, and they got drama. Considering it went on for 3 minutes, they didn't just cut his mic feed. Oh yeah, the person who got cut off mid-statement was Keith Reed.

    I'll give CNN this, at least they were honest about cutting it after they got the shock statement they were looking for as opposed to pretending that they lost their connection as they have done in the past.
    So what's more important? Addressing an argument from a buffoon with zero class, or having standards for civil behavior?

    See, rational and reasonable people don't give a **** about someone's argument when they decide to act like they're in grade school.

    You see this all the time, when people make arguments, act like morons but then expect other people to pretend Socrates himself just said something as childish as "boobs" on live TV.

    I wouldn't blame CNN for wanting to expose this jerkoff who quite frankly is considered a douche by many men and women alike. These people are the problem....the loudmouth instigators.

    You say trigger, but you really mean insult without fear, because they feel emboldened. If he'd said something anti semitic in the air, would it have "triggered" snowflake Jews? Because that same logic is out there and promoted by the same types as him.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/17/2017 12:25am at .

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heimat
    Posts
    4,182
    Style
    Judo
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I was shocked she spelled it, as if CNN has a pre-Kindergarten audience. She clearly knew what he said, because Keith Reed was sitting there with his mouth catching flies, and I guarantee her producer was gabbing in her ear and blowing up her teleprompter.
    I thought he said booze and I have decent ears. When I realized he said boobs I lost whatever interest I had in his argument.

    Therein lies the problem. Since when do we give a **** about the words that leave the mouths of bottom feeding trolls. Who cares about arguments when they're layered in racial, sexist, or other disgusting bile. Lots of terrible people in history have made strong arguments...but there are more important things.

    Epic troll? I think people need to reexamine what "epic" means, and ask when trolling became a spectator sport.
    Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 9/17/2017 12:28am at .

  7. #17
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,351
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    4
    When you heard it, you didn't have the benefit of a multi-person production crew in your ear and on your off-camera screen(s).

    Why is this such a big deal? I have it on good authority that every mammal that has ever existed loves boobs, for at least some part of their lives. It's right there in the name.

  8. #18
    Michael Tzadok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Jerusalem
    Posts
    1,386
    Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
    I thought he said booze and I have decent ears. When I realized he said boobs I lost whatever interest I had in his argument.

    Therein lies the problem. Since when do we give a **** about the words that leave the mouths of bottom feeding trolls. Who cares about arguments when they're layered in racial, sexist, or other disgusting bile. Lots of terrible people in history have made strong arguments...but there are more important things.

    Epic troll? I think people need to reexamine what "epic" means, and ask when trolling became a spectator sport.
    The thing is. CNN brought him on to say boobs. There is no way that they didn't think, given his history on the topic, that there was a better than even chance that he was going to say "First Amendment and Boobs"... It's been his tag line for the last few years.

    What CNN did was create drama, something they've been doing more and more of as they've moved from serious centrist news channel to tabloid news channel.
    They then feigned outrage, as if they didn't think he would ever say such a nasty word as boobs.
    Then turned that to totally ignore his arguments regarding freedom of speech and equality of workplace expectations.

    Honestly CNN reduced its intellectual level to this


    Yes I know I'm probably going to hell for that.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    439
    Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    I am triggered by boobs.

  10. #20
    PDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,579
    Style
    Underground Pit Fighting
    3
    Came here for boobs
    Leaving bitterly disappointed
    King without a crown

Page 2 of 16 First 12345612 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in