Page 6 of 25 First ... 234567891016 ... Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    No it's not correct. In fact, if you google up Dabiq, you can see monthly lists of apostates that ISIS has marked for death. Most are Islamic clerics, many of whom have migrated from the ME to the US or Europe who openly espouse Western ideas and ideals, and encourage assimilation and integration. Get your head out of your echo chamber, and actually do some flipping research.
    You are attempting to deal with facts and reality with 1bad65. It is a losing battle. He is willfully ignorant, partisan, and deceptive in order to promote his world view. It is scary at times. I am glad you care enough to try tho. I have fallen back to " just correct his lies" mode long ago.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    I really dislike this kind of thinking.
    There simply isn't something like "an extreme religion". Religions are interpreted according to the present ideas and beliefs, so there are (and have been) an incommensurate number of "religions", one for each believer.
    Presently a larger percentage of muslims go to to the extreme interpretation than christians do, but this has nothing to do with the religion itself, and all to do with the present socioeconomic situation in muslim countries.
    According to this logic, since the IRA made many terro attacks on the UK in the 70s, we should conclude that catholicism is an extremist religion.

Apart from this, what is "small" and what is a "big" percentage?
    How many muslim do you believe are extremists? 1%? 10%? 70%?
    You can't polish a turd. The Muslim religion is extreme in its own writings. If you follow a batshit cult it makes you batshit regardless of your level within said cult.

Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Yet the "moderate" ones still seem ok with treating women like slaves and stoning heathens.
    Where precisely do you get this notion from?

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    No it's not correct. In fact, if you google up Dabiq, you can see monthly lists of apostates that ISIS has marked for death. Most are Islamic clerics, many of whom have migrated from the ME to the US or Europe who openly espouse Western ideas and ideals, and encourage assimilation and integration. Get your head out of your echo chamber, and actually do some flipping research.
    And why are those clerics marked for death?

Id guess its because those clerics aren't radical enough for them.

Am I correct?

I'm not in an echo chamber, sir. Notice I'm engaging in debate with folks with different views than myself.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Judo, Nippon Kempo
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    When your holy book (which in this case was written by a pedophile) says to kill or subjugate all who do not follow it as the Koran does, is say thats a pretty damn extreme religion.
    The Koran explicitly forbids forced conversion, and instead calls for a tax on unbelievers (I did read it, at least in part).

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Osama bin Laden was rich and he turned to radical Muslim terrorism.

The Muslim terrorists in the US weren't dirt poor, uneducated people.

That Marie Harf theory was mocked if you recall. Don't embarrass yourself by repeating it.
    Do you even know what Osama Bin Laden's gripes were with the US? I'll just let that one hang there for a while.

Yet the "moderate" ones still seem ok with treating women like slaves and stoning heathens.
    Oh dear... Is your ignorance willful or do you just not care enough to look into things?

When your holy book (which in this case was written by a pedophile) says to kill or subjugate all who do not follow it as the Koran does, is say thats a pretty damn extreme religion.
    Where precisely? Please quote the Sura.

That's funny, but didn't Israel try the nice route?? Now they have a very large group of "refugees" that want to steal part of their country.
    Oh dear god, you truly know nothing about what is going on in the middle east do you?

Shawarma, my friend, the above is a good example of why I am so religious. Comments like those quoted convince that the Gemmarra must be right and that people do become possessed by a spirit of stupidity, and thus do stupid **** that they wouldn't rationally do otherwise.

Winning is so much better with sore losers Join us... or die
    Style
    boxing, gjj
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMR View Post
    The Koran explicitly forbids forced conversion, and instead calls for a tax on unbelievers (I did read it, at least in part).
    That's the subjugation part I spoke of.

Please keep up.
    A succubus is a Lilin-demon in female form, or supernatural entity in folklore that appears in dreams and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity. Religious traditions hold that repeated sexual activity with a succubus may result in the deterioration of health or mental state, or even in death.

Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    The old testament has human sacrifice and permits rape for a few shekels. The desert was a rough place back then and life was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    Where precisely do you get this notion from?
    Their actual actions. Tell you what you just give me ONE Muslim country that isn't a complete shithole where they actually don't still stone people to death. I will settle for just ONE example.

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    The old testament has human sacrifice and permits rape for a few shekels. The desert was a rough place back them and life was cheap.
    The problem is they haven't grown out of their old testament ways yet.

Page 6 of 25 First ... 234567891016 ... Last